Breezy ....

 

16th November 2020 (Monday)      08.00 .... there’s a lot of clouds scuttling

'Toblerone Row' (sometimes Glover's Wynd)

over on fresh wind from the West;   it looks like we could have some early showers, though showers aren’t forecast to come our way  until later in the afternoon.     I might take the bike out in the middle of the day. 

  16.00    ‘The Boy’ has been buzzin’ around like blue bottle with one wing today;   havin’ said that, I have actually been busy.    I started the morning with a migraine, which probably explains why I couldn’t get oot o’ ma ain road at first.    I took a couple of pills had another cuppa then went to ‘The Store’ in Anstruther for some ‘stores’..... I had intended going into Ardross but there was a few cars in the car park so I decided on Ainster.   ‘The Store’ was busier than I have seen it.

Back at Ivy I had a quick cuppa (and a piece of Gingerbread) then got the bike out and went ‘roond the Chapel’    My word, as Myra had told me earlier,.... it was windy.   That’s why I never went further than Chapel green.... though I must admit I was tempted because although windy it was a bonnie morning.

Isle of May lighthouse.

I fell asleep after lunch then went to ‘The Braes’ (Pittenweem) to get a few pics of West Shore at high tide.... middle of the afternoon.   It was now that I found out that a prawn boat (‘Carisma’) had struck rocks first thing in the morning and sank.   The two crewmen aboard were rescued.    I got a few photos of the hull being battered on the rocks at the harbour wall.   I am sure I have a photo of ‘her’ out in the Firth.  



21.00    Jings .... I’m tired tonight;   I don’t know why because I don’t seem to have done very much today.   I did fall asleep in front of the tele watching a ‘Midsomer Murder’ that I hadn’t seen before and missed the end, so I must have been tired.   I feel full of ‘get up and go’ now.... so I’ll start doing Maggie’s china cabinet;  that is a tricky
Wrecked prawn boat.

job ‘cos it has crystal glasses, dishes and souvenirs  etc that have to be washed.   This I usually do annually.... before Christmas.    I’m thinking this will be bi-annually in future..... like the books.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....