Clearing sky ....

 

12th November 2020 (Thursday)     08.00 .... There’s brisk breeze from the

The beach this morning.

Southwest and it was raining earlier, but the rain is going to clear away and we should have a decent drying day.   In fact I’m going to do two things immediately.... switch the kettle and washing machine ‘on’.    I’ll get the washing on the line before I go to Leven to have my haircut.   ‘Slight flap on’ now.

19.30    I’ve had a hectic sort of day today .... by my normal standards anyway.    My hair has been chopped and I feel much better for that;  Kirsty (hairdresser) does a good job.    She was telling me that there’s a new coffee shop opened in Leven High Street, and it does look a neat and welcoming place, but, when I went to have a look there was folk contemplating going in so, with me being a singleton’ I passed by.... but I will use it once things get back to ‘normal.

Leven High Street.

I didn’t realise that Leven High Street had so many empty shops;  but that’s what happens when you get ‘away from the High Street’ supermarkets etc.    Kirkcaldy High Street is in the same state.   The COVID crisis will have also helped to thin down the shoppers;   jings I remember when Leven, and Kirkcaldy High Streets, were buzzin’.    That’s progress.




21.00    I must have been tired;   I fell asleep watching ‘Last of the Summer Wine’.    I’ve seen them all umpteen times but I enjoy them.   Luckily the phone rang and woke me up .... it was Janet, phoning to tell me about roadworks taking place on the road to the garage.   There is an alternative route.... and  I saw the last section of LOTW.   They haven’t half loaded that with adverts;  and that’s going to get worse after Brexit, when


 we become a ‘protectorate’ of the USA.    When the adverts are on I make another cuppa .... or work on a Soduko.

I’m looking forward to going for a walk with Janet round the Broom tomorrow morning;  I worked on that scheme when it was being built..... in the 1980’s.   The forecast isn’t bad.... bright and breezy after overnight rain.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....