Dreamy morning ....

 25th November 2020 (Wednesday)     09.30 .... It was a morning for a walk

Elie bay.

on the beach at sunrise time today;  my word it was beautiful.   There was never going to be a visible sunrise (at sunrise time) but the ambience ... that was something else.    It was so peaceful:  one of those dream kind of mornings.

I am going to have a quiet day around Ivy, mostly pottering around the garden;  but I will take time out in the afternoon.   The washing is on the line (before 07.00) and it should dry even on a day when the daylight hours are few.

19.00    The top two shelves of the china cabinet have been done;  that’s the crystal glasses etc, and a lot of things that we collected here and there on our travels.   That leaves one shelf to do .... the one with the wedding china.   I’m thinking of doing it first thing tomorrow morning.   Once the china cabinet is done I can relax:  Even I can’t break books .... but I do get ‘diverted’.

 


I went up to Kinneuchar on the bike in the afternoon;   it was a bonnie day but cauld.   I met, and had a long chat with William ‘T’ (a friend from Colinsburgh).   Willie is, like me, going to lie low at Christmas;  our age group won’t be able to begin to relax after we’ve had our COVID-19 ‘jabs’.    In fact I doubt if things will ever get back to being as it was before this crisis.   But I might be able to travel up to Auchnagatt and down to Sussex next year.

22.00     This morning’s washing didn’t quite dry but was dry enough to iron so that’s another job done.   First thing tomorrow I’m going to finish the china cabinet.... that means washing our wedding china.... not one of my favourite jobs.   However once it’s done I’m going to go up to Elie and buy a morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee (and a goodie) from
Laura.   I’ll take the car so that I can go somewhere ‘different’ to have it.

I’ve has a busy evening albeit stressful because I had to change the ink in the printer; 

Autumnal scene.

that’s not a job I do very often so every time  like doing it for the first time.  I’ve just been a m “bag o’ nerves” tonight;  now I’m orf to bed to relax with my book.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....