Overcast with light rain ....


17th May 2020 (Sunday)       08.00 .... I didn’t factor rain into my
Ro-Ro cargo vessel 'Anvil Point'.
plan for today but we have had spits of light rain first thing and the sky is overcast;  however it should clear by midday.    The rain is only light and  intermittent but annoyingly wet .... so I took the car up to Elie for the paper;  hopefully I’ll get out on the bike in the afternoon.


       

11.00    It’s a long time since I watched Thomas the Tank engine but that’s what I watched when having a break from ooverin’ and dustin’ the computer shelves.    That was followed by a short film (1943) about a record breaking attempt to build a Wellington bomber in 30 hours.   It’ was given the serial No LN 514 and it's wheels left the runway “24 hours and 48 minutes after the attempt began”.   There’s no record of it having been lost so it’s assumed it was scrapped in 1948.    I’ve had a busy and interesting morning;  I hope the sun breaks through in the afternoon.

The north entrance to Elie. (A917)

17.00    The sun nearly broke through this afternoon but it really never has been what I’d call a bonnie day;  having been windy and overcast most of the time and the wind chill factor was considerable.   It was never light enough for me to do any sewing (which I will do out in the Hutte) so I ended up spending tidying the computer shelves most of the time.
Late in the afternoon I went out for some exercise;  just a run up to Chapel Green then up the Ferry road and down the Elie road.   Actually it was quite cold on the bike and I had to put on my gloves.    It is good seeing folk out exercising;  before the virus hit I hardly ever saw anyone.   
  
21.00     Grey days are not inspiring ones:  oh I got stuff done... the computer shelves have been tidied and polished;  but it was more ‘occupational therapy’ than doing something and getting pleasure from doing it.   Though I am enjoying looking at the tidy and nigh on empty desk top and the tidy shelves. 

The weather for KY9 tomorrow is supposed to be better..... warmer and sunnier
Elie.
(especially later in the afternoon) but it is also going to be windy so there will be wind chill.   I don’t have anything planned;  if it is brighter I’ll get the  wee bit sewing done and might even get the prototype mask finished.    I had been contemplating a run up to Balcarres but I think that might happen on Tuesday or Wednesday.... depending on which day has the better weather forecast.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....