Early showers ....

     
18th May 2020 (Monday)      06.30 ....  My first thought when I looked out
Clearing sky over Elie and Earlsferry.
of the bedroom  window was “go back to bed and have another 8 hours kip-a-roonie””.    The sky was grey and it had been raining.   However when I actually went outside (having had a shower and put on some claes) I saw that the sky was breaking up from the Northwest and it was no longer raining (thought everything was wet);   it’s going to be a bonnie day and I am feeling frisk... but we could have a few rain showers yet.



08.30    I have been feeling ‘romantic’ this morning... full of the urge to share my stupidity with some innocent lady;  so I have decided to name my camera ‘Miranda’.    Ye Gods I’m full of cuddly romance this morrrrrrrrrrrrning. 

In the meantime the sky is trying hard to break up and give us that bonnie day that I mentioned earlier.    I’ve been for the paper and at the harbour (with ‘Miranda’) now I am ready to do things.   Well after a cuppa i.e.  
Pier head closed for essential maintenance.

10.30    As per forecast we have a bonnie day and I plan to go out on the bike after a light, mid morning snack (I’m starvin’ having been on the go since 05.30).    I can’t go into any of the estates because the roads/tracks will be wet but I can bumble my way around the villages and Kinneuchar .... perhaps even Colinsburgh.   It depends on how the mood takes ‘us’.  It’s warm in the garden just now, but it is windy so will be slightly less warm out in the open.   ‘Flap on’ .... done things;   can go out to play for a wee while now.

19.00    My word I’m tired after a busy (and productive) day.    I’ve been mostly busy on the computer but some of that ‘work’ is mair tiring than working in the garden.    I did manage to get out on the bike in the afternoon:   it was rather cloudy when I set off but the sun broke through them and it was pleasantly warm.   I went up to Kinneuchar then home via Elie Estate.   I was surprised to find the estate road wasn’t very wet at all.   I met Stewart at the boathouse;  he had been cutting the grass.    I caught up with
From the 'Ship Inn'  outside seating area.
all his ‘news’ before setting off for the harbour and freeing Stewart to do more work.
There’s been a lot of lovely clouds around today (even the threatening ones... in fact especially the threatening ones) so I managed to take a few photos of them.


It looks like tomorrow’s weather  is going to be much the same as today’s was;  ‘a chance of precipitation in the early part of the morning’ followed by cloudy with sunny spell in the afternoon.   I should get my computer stuff finished.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....