Really lovely morning ....


5th May 2020  (Tuesday)   06.30 ....  there are still a few low level
Early morning dog walk.
clouds about, and a thin layer of higher mackerel  clouds ... we have a bonnie sky at the start of a bonnie day.     I have yet to go for  the paper but will be doing that after I have another cuppa;  it’s a morning for taking a turn round the villages before doing a spot of Hutte painting.   That is going to be a gentle pursuit now with loads of breaks ... I’ve decided that my muscles  can longer cope with ‘breengin’ at things.



09.00    It is chillier than I expected it to be this morning;  in fact Ian (paper shop) was saying that some folks had to scrape the frost off their car windscreens.      The temperature has risen since then and it should be warm by midday which is when I’ll go out again:  I did mean to go through the estate this morning but changed my mind ‘cos it would be really cauld in the shade.    There’s only a light wind (from the Northeast) so not much wind chill;  it’s the direction that’s keeping the temperature down.    The Hutte will be warm so I will make myself a cuppa and browse the paper.


The Toft.
19.30    The sun has been out all day.... unfortunately accompanied by a cold and brisk wind from the ENE so it has been a wrap up well kind of day.    I’ve been feeling sluggish all day so I didn’t do any painting.   I did manage to go round Elie Estate on the bike, but it was cauld on the lugs and I was glad to get back to Ivy.

Alan brought a fillet of fish along and a rhubarb crumble pudding.   I had one half of the fillet for dinner and the aroma of the rhubarb crumble is beginning to excite my taste buds;  it has another five minutes or so to go.   Thanks Alan... ‘puku’ (Maori for stomach) is contented and will be even more content after I have the rhubarb crumble.


21.00    Jings it feels like winter is coming back;  I’ve been out locking up the Hutte etc. and  there is a right wintry feel to the wind.     Tomorrow was forecast to be warmer than today but that must be away from the North Sea coast.    I very much doubt if Alber will be going out on the bike if it’s this cold tomorrow.
Brenda is one lucky girl having Alan making rhubarb crumble for her;  my word it is
Elie Estate road.
tasty.   I thought about scoffing the whole crumble but I remembered that rhubarb can ... er ... has a cleansing effect.   Anyway I have sweet for tomorrow .... and the ither half of the fillet.   That’s tomorrow’s food well taken care of.

Nae plans for tomorrow though the forecast is good.   It really depends on ‘iggzactly’ how cold it is.... they are forecast snow on the hills before the weekend....but I will take the bike out to go for the papers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....