Best morning so far ....


29th May 2020 (Friday)     10.30 .... This is the best morning we’ve had so
Elie harbour this morning.
far this year;  it’s sunny and warm/hot with  hardly a breath of wind.... a perfect day for.... for? ... not working.... perfect for taking a few ‘reflection’ photographs.   I did.   139 to be précis.    I’ve been round the villages, stopped for the paper, and came home through Elie Estate;  I think I will lie low for the remainder of the day ‘cos it’s looking like being a hot day.... ‘mauchless’ even.   There is a lot of pollen about.



14.00    It’s a cosy day right enough .... and I have been either in the garden or in The Hutte ... resting.    It’s too warm to do much else.   I notice that the breeze is now from the Easterly direction  .... that should cool the air down a bit.    I did think of going out on the bike later this afternoon but I see that the villages are busier again:  due to the easing of the lockdown ‘rools’.    If people  use the Dominic Cummings interpretation of the ‘rools’ I guess it’s from this week end on that the virus is likely to be brought our way.   It’s certainly a bonnie day for the beach and the golf course is ‘open’ so things
Kinneuchar loch.
are returning to ‘normal’ already.   I think there are guide lines on distancing etc but I imagine they will ‘fall by the wayside’.... especially if the weather stays as it is today.   The weather can change rapidly here;   a few days heat on the east coast can lead to haar coming in if the wind is from the wrong direction.


20.30     Going by the number of cars and people about the villages have been busy today.    Earlsferry has been ‘busy’ since the beginning of lockdown but, after 14 days I was able to relax start to enjoying the company:  it’s from this weekend  that the real worrying situation starts;  the villages becoming busy with day trippers etc.   I suppose the best thing to do is go out early then stay around Ivy for the remainder of the day. 
Kinneuchar loch.
  As long as I get a good bit of exercise first thing.... and a few photographs to ‘play’ with I’ll be happy.

There’s a cool south-easterly breeze this evening so I’ve put the bike away;  last night at this time the air was warm (from the west) and I was out on the bike.

There’s no ‘plan’ for tomorrow ... . other than getting a paper and milk.   It’s forecast to be hot again but cooler on the East coast.... with 28c being forecast for the North West of Scotland.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....