Beautiful calm morning....

25th May 2020 (Monday)    06.30 .... Beautiful start to what is forecast to
Exercise is enjoyable where we live.... even at 06.30.
be a ‘wall to wall bloo’ sky day;   I am having a cuppa before going out for the paper.    This is a ‘play day’;  after the gales of wind we all need one.


 
10.00    It is an absolute cracker of a morning.   I’ve been round the villages, stopped at the ‘paper shop’ for the paper (and rolls), then came home by way of the estate.   I am now well ready for breakfast;   after I hang out the washing.

15.00      It has been a hectic morning;  Charlie Pryde arrived to fix the central heating unit (a blocked pipe, and is coming back to remove the old gas fire in the living room.   It is being replaced with an electric, “wood burning look”, fire:  I did think of getting a new gas fire but gas is on the way ‘out’ so green electric it is.  
The washing is almost dry so I’ll have an ironing to do this evening.   In the meantime I need to deliver some bubble wrap to Dod in the Mackie Housing Complex.   Oh.... we’ve had a bonnie day but not wall to wall ‘bloo’ sky.

Kincraig cliffs.
19.00    I have done awe bit of work today;  I tidied up the rubbish that was in the cupboard below the boiler..... it’s in the appropriate re-cycling buckets.     The repairing of the boiler was done quickly;  it was yesterday morning that it stopped working and only this morning that I phoned Charlie.  I am a happy boy again.

The bubble wrap has been delivered and I took a few photos from the Breakwater;   I didn’t go out on the bike again choosing instead to potter around the garden.    Talking about the garden (to be accurate – ‘writing about the garden’):   Charlie asked me if “the broon dog that had  a walk round the garden was mine” and I replied “nope”.... and promptly forgot about it.   About an hour after Charlie went off to another job I decided to have a cuppa .... in the Hutte.  The side plate I had in the Hutte with the blackbirds  and Blobs biscuits was on the floor and licked clean.   That mutt had a real snack;  it had scoffed five Melting Moments and three Digestive biscuits.    It was my fault as I’d forgotten to close the back gate.   Somewhere in Earlsferry there’s one contented dog tonight.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....