Bonnie morning ....


11th May 2020 (Monday)     06.30 .... The  garden thermometer is at 2c and
Elie Bay this morning.
we have a brisk northerly breeze so it is cold but bonnie with a few fluffy clouds coming down on the wind.   I'm having a cuppa before going making my mind up whether to go out on the bike now or later.   The temperature is forecast to reach a high of 11c today but wind chill will take a couple of degrees off that.   Nice morning though.



09.30    It is a ‘cold on the lugs’ morning but absolutely stunning.   I  have been for the papers and at the harbour... and collected a few photographs on the way.   A few more clouds, mostly of the cotton wool kind, have drifted down from the Northwest ... I guess there might be some light showers later in the afternoon/evening.    I’ll go and make my morning coffee then contemplate the ironing:  that’s about as far as I get with that job just now.   It will take rain to get me actually doing the  ironing. 


Elie High Street.
15.30     I have been a busy boy;  having watered Chris and Barbara’s tubs, been out on the bike again (to the 11th tee), had a couple of cuppas and ‘50’ in the Hutte.   I’d go out on the bike again but the battery is charging so I’ll admire and have a conversation with the cactus’s.... and have yet another cuppa instead.    Marcia wandered down Ferry Road with the dogs and told me that Irene and Ken were out in their garden so, when I’d finished with Barbara’s floo’ers, I went and hindered  them (no' the floo'ers .... Ken and Irene). 

  
It’s been a lovely day up till now but I see heavier looking clouds creeping over from the Northwest and they’re beginning to obscure the sun;  the wind has moderated a bit but there’s a cold air when the sun disappears behind the  aforementioned clouds.



19.00    Once again we’ve had a nice day albeit cold, and I have taken advantage of it and managed to leave the ironing for ‘another day’.   I did a wee bit of work in the greenhouse;   I spoke to the cactus’s.    Other than that I have had a quiet day... having been out on the bike twice.   I’m taking heaps of photographs just now because we have what I’m calling ‘New Zealand light’.... very little pollution in the atmosphere so
Earlsferry High Street.
plenty clean light.   Once the Northern Hemisphere factories get fired up, and planes start flying again, things will soon get back to ‘normal UK’ pollution levels. 


21.30    It looks like being another ‘nae bad’ day again tomorrow though light showers are mentioned for later in the afternoon.    I’ll go out on the bike in the morning.    ‘M’ was saying that New Zealand is going down to Status 2 lockdown on Thursday;  though older people will still have to take precautions.   Meanwhile we have to ‘stay alert’ .... ye gods it’s hard enough for me to ‘stay awake’ half the time never mind ‘alert’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....