Overcast and windy...


12th May 2020 (Tuesday)      06.30 .... The early morning sky is heavily
The Terrace - Elie.
overcast and there’s a cold Northwest breeze .... but we should get sunny spells later;  which is when I will go for the paper.    No I need milk so I’ll take the car and get milk and the paper now.    Slight ‘flap on’ now.


07.30    The sky is rapidly clearing from the Northwest so the temperature should shoot up to about 11c (probably 7c in the wind) in ‘nae time’;   I might even get the bike out about 11.00.     After breakfast I plan to cut things down in the garden.


17.00    There definitely is at least one God:  I have 5 Soduko’s left to do in the book I bought it the ‘Store’ in Ainster the week before the Coronavirus pandemic hit, and I was wondering how I’d get a new Soduko book.  I do the ones in the Scotsman but I like having a book in the Hutte so I can do them anytime.    When I got back from a run out on the bike today I found a note from a delivery van driver telling me that there was a ‘parcel’ from Amazon  behind the green bin.   This had me in  a state of puzzlement (I like that bit);  I hadn’t ordered any books!   On opening this surprise parcel I found a book of 400 (Hard) Soduko puzzles... which will see me through to the
Elie and Earlsferry beaches.
end of the pandemic....even if  that does stretch into 2021!    The biggest puzzle being.... ‘who organised surprise’?    I have a suspicion it might have originated in Somerset! 
  
I have had a busy day having done some gardening (whacked lumps oot o’ a bush that was threatening to take over Earlsferry), went out on the bike and came back to find the book from Amazon.  Yes I’ve had a happy day which included  conversations with;   Patricia (passing with Dora, Myra (on the phone and delivering goodies and book, Graham (Elie House),  Lesley and Douglas on The Terrace (Elie) and Margaret (Bowers) at the Breakwater.    Conversation socially is what I miss most.     Today’s conversations weren’t in a ‘social context’ but they certainly cheered me up.
We’ve just had a prolonged and heavy shower of rain;   I’m glad that I went out on the bike earlier and not in the evening as I had intended at one time today.

21.00       This has been an enjoyable day....in spite of the cold wind.    It has been a
Kinneuchar.
day with plenty conversations in it, face to face (at two metres) and on the phone in the evening;  and Skype to ‘M’ in New Zealand.
Tomorrow is forecast to be;  ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze and low chance of precipitation’.... and cold.     After tomorrow the temperature is forecast to start rising almost to ‘warm’ level.   My ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to whack lumps oot o’ some other bush in the garden then rest;  after I’ve been ‘roond the villages on the bike.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....