Gorgeous morning ....


6th May 2020 (Wednesday)      09.30 ..... When I go up for the paper there’s
Kinneuchar loch.
usually only a smirr of a  breeze and it’s swarm in the early sunshine.:  by the time I get back home the breeze has freshened and its cauld on the lugs and hands .... it looks like it’s  going to be a lovely day and really warm when out of the wind.   I might go out on the bike again in the afternoon, but this is going to be a ‘rest day’....  I shall bumble around Ivy most of the day.   The forecast is for sunshine all day with a high temperature of 16c (in the shade)... so probably 18c in Ivy garden.


15.00    Dearie me;  I’ve had to give up working outside... it’s 16c in the shade and I am not in the shade so it must be about 20c;  it’s so hot that I had an attack of the ‘mauchless’ (which is why I am inside Ivy typing this).   When I was out in New Zealand (at ‘M’s) I had the ‘mauchless’ fairly regularly in the middle of the day;  but to have ‘the mauchless’ in Bonnie Scotland is rare indeed.   Where ‘M’ stays (Otaki) it is one hot place .... even in winter;  ‘M’ thinks it’s cauld when the temperature gets below 14c.
The old Manse.
What was I working on?..... I have started to sort out my long neglected cacti.   Oh ... I watered them every summer but that was it;  to be honest In am surprised at how many of them have survived the neglect.    A few weeks before this virus struck I bought Cactus Compost and feeding at B n’ Q’s Leven:  it must have been Divine Intervention that made me decide to do that ,,,, or more likely guilt when I looked at the cacti.    Anyway I have made a start but it’s a tricky (and prickly) job that should keep me out of folks way for a few weeks.
The kettle will be boiling so I’m orf to have a cuppa (and probably ‘50’) before doing a wee bit more work.


19.00     It has been a bonnie day.... and tomorrow and Friday are forecast to be much
Kinneuchar loch.
the same:  in fact the East coast is going to be warmer due to a high pressure system and therefore hardly any wind.   It all changes at the weekend when high pressure moves away, with the wind veering to the North and it turns much colder.   I have enjoyed myself today and intend to keep on working on the cacti for the next couple of days;  there is much to do and it’s a delicate job.... even with thick gloves.    I might run out of cactus compost that’s the only problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....