24c ....


28th May 2020 (Thursday)     06.30 .... I’ve been up to Chapel Green (on
Elie harbour beach .... from the Ship Inn outside seating area.
the bike) hoping to find the cliffs reflected on mirror like water but there’s just enough of a breeze to ruffle the surface .... so nae reflections.    However we do have a bonnie start to the day even though the sky is mostly cloudy at this time (nearly always is) .... but the sun will sort that out in a couple of hours.   I’ve stopped at Ivy for a cuppa before going up to Elie.


14.00    This is awfie;  it’s 24c in the garden (shade temperature) .... far too hot to do any work!    Not that I intended working .... but if I had I’d have had to force myself to stop.   The Hutte afternoon coffee morning has been rescheduled to take place inside the lovely coolness that is Ivy Cottage very shortly .... in fact I am going spread the last two scones immediately after this update. 
This morning's trip to Elie for the paper was most enjoyable.... as was the trip to the harbour then home by way of Elie Estate.    I don’t think I’ll go out on the bike again
Hamish.
today.    The battery has been charged so that, if I feel like it, I can go further tomorrow.   Must ‘go’ got an afternoon  coffee morning to organise.


23.00     Earlsferry community came out to support ‘Clap for Carers’ tonight with pipers Hamish and Felix playing from Earlsferry all the way along to Marine Park, Elie.   Thank you once again Hamish and Felix.    It is absolutely amazing just how ‘Clap for Carers’ has brought Earlsferry to life.,,, the village has become a community:  I’m loving it.  The lassie that come up with the idea (a Dutch lass living in London) thinks this should be the last one but is open minded about it continuing if that’s what people want.   If ‘Clap for Carers’ has done for other places what it has done for Earlsferry then the ‘side effect’ has been one huge success.   I only hope the ‘Carers’ feel the support coming from a grateful Nation:  and that the politicians do the right thing by them.   A good start would be kicking Dominic Cummings ‘into touch’.... 'cos he didn't do them any favours.
Felix.


With the weather being so hot I have had a restful day;  and I still have one scone for a coffee morning tomorrow;  which is going to be another warm day so it’s unlikely that there will be much work done around Ivy.   I do have a fully charged battery on the bike. so I might go for a trip out in the morning .... before the temperature gets to high.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....