Another gorgeous morning ....


7th May 2020 (Thursday)       06.30 .... Already we have wall to wall blue
The Centre of the Universe this morning.
sky so it looks like being  another lovely day.  There’s only a light breeze from the West and, although chilly at this time of the morning, the temperature should rise  quickly.    I need milk so I’ll have to take the car for the paper.   The ‘plan’ is to sort out a few more cacti today... with time out for a scuttle round on the bike at some point. 
  
The knowledge that, for people of my age, the way I live is going to have restrictions placed on it, (compared to before COVID-19) can be  discouraging at times;   I try not to dwell on that fact but it is something that I (we) have to come to terms with.    For example a simple thing like;  “when will I be able to go along to Dysart, Kinghorn and Pettycur harbour again... will I be able to go there ever again?”   I know it’s not  important in the great scheme of things, but it is a significant enjoyment thing for me.    Luckily I have loads of photographs but I’d like to think I could get loads more.    And of Crail and all the other places central to my small way of living.    Sussex? .... that won't happen until next year that's for sure.    Fortunately I live where I do and can still enjoy my own locality ... some folks don’t so, although I miss my other ‘significant places’.... .    and morning
Pity it wasn't high tide.   That's at 15.05.
coffee Harbour House....  scuttling around the empty streets is really enjoyable and the countryside is looking brilliant!     Must go... slight flap on .... need milk for my 'cornflakes'.   
In the meantime the politicians are trying to come up with a way to ‘tuck the over seventies and vulnerable’ away for a couple of years.

08.30     It is a lovely day and I will get another few cacti sorted out;  but not before breakfast and another cuppa though.   I’ve been for the paper (and milk), then down to the harbour.   Had the tide been full at this time the reflections would have been brilliant as it is it’s on the way out;  high tide is at 15.05.   Orf to have breakfast the get the stuff organised for working later in the morning;  once the temperature gets up a bit.    Don’t want the cactus’s shivering.
I see we have another oil platform in Largo Bay:   ‘Ocean Valiant’ having arrived overnight.


17.00    Well I have to say that I am impressed with the Tesco delivery service (so far
Kincraig cliffs this evening.
anyway);  not ‘cos the delivery was bang on time 16.01 (delivery slot 16.00 – 17.00) but because the ‘picker’ found the most important items .... two tubes of Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste.    The food was there too!   I am a happy bunny.   I am getting the hang of this ordering online.    All I need to do is find the chocolate biscuits online and I can even buy ‘emergency rations’.    Orf to make Semolina pudding.



19.30    The semolina pudding was a success ... in fact I’d say I was becoming Reasonably skilled at making semolina pudding.   Half of it has disappeared;  the other half will go tomorrow.
I’ve had a busy day with the cactus’s and should have another day at them tomorrow.... perhaps even Saturday but that depends on how cold it is.    The temperature is forecast to plummet at the weekend.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....