I feel like singing this morning .....


15th May 2020 (Friday)    08.00 .... My word we have a gorgeous morning
Kinneuchar.
and it is starting to feel warmer even at ‘silly time’.... it should be a comfortably warm day by 10.00.   I must have been really tired last night ..... I slept (unbroken) for nine hours;  today will be a ‘rest’ day so I won’t go up to Balcarres:  probably leave that until Sunday and just have a quiet scuttle round the villages sometime today.   I’ll do a wee bit of painting .... there’s a bit of ‘The Hutte’ that  needs another three coats... and it’s all easy to get at (all the awkward bits have been done).



21.00    I’ve had a brilliant day today;   I pottered around in the greenhouse, watered the cactus’s... and Barbara’s floo’ers:  then I had an idea.   I decided to make myself a face mask.   I saw somebody do it on the tele and it looked easy:   all you need is a T - shirt (had loads of those) a sharp pair of scissors and some kind of ‘plan’.    A sewing
Chapel Green from the harbour.
machine would be useful;  but a sewing machine without Maggie attached to it is useless.  So what have I got so far? ...... well I cut the front and back off a T-shirt which gave me enough cotton to make four double thickness masks   .... oh ... I nearly forgot;  I am also left with a piece of cloth with a neck hole and two arm holes;   a  very short T-shirt.   After much thinking (and cuppas) I have reached the point where I have one quadruple four layer rectangle (forgot they were only supposed to be double layer) ready to have the elastic fitted (to go roond my lugs).   I don’t have elastic;  but  do have elastic bands .... only I can’t find them.    I think I might be short of the main ingredient for making masks..... savvy!  I don’t know why I’m doing this because I have a face shield .... and two proper masks that Geoff gave me.   It’s the ‘fun’ challenge of doing something
Empty beach this morning.
different:  the prototype will be finished tomorrow.   You’re thinking;   “how did he sew it together?”   This is the clever bit.... I didn’t.    Sew it i.e.    I used that hemming web stuff that you iron.... apparently it’s fool proof:  (well it was until today).   Oh I am one happy and contented bunny tonight.   When I think about it.... I haven’t been out on the bike!
Only one plan for tomorrow;  continue with the task and (hopefully) finish the mask.   Doing something stu ... new helps this boy relax and we I need to relax at this stressful time.   Must go ... slight flap on;  got a kettle that’s needing to be switched ‘on’.

Nearly forgot;   the weather has been excellent today ... apart from a few spits and spots of rain late in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....