Feeling subdued ....

Lovely morning.

2nd May 2020 (Saturday)     07.30 ....It’s a lovely morning though cool with
a few clouds scuttling over on a Northwest breeze (forecast to veer to the Northeast later)....with showers mentioned for the afternoon.   I’ve been for my paper and round the villages on the bike but I feel subdued by the news that the virus has burst our wee bubble.   I feel safe enough going to the ‘paper shop’ first thing in the morning, but the very fact that the virus in is the area (though not in the wider community) is disquieting to say the least.    When I’m out on the bike I rarely meet people and those I do meet keep well to the two metre ‘rool’.   Orf to have breakfast.... I’m really hungry this morning for some reason.


Elie from Chapel Green this evening.
16.30     I have been a lazy boy today though I did hang out a washing ... and it dried ‘nae bother’:   we’ve been lucky in that the showers that have been around all afternoon missed us.    I’m going out on the bike  in a wee while ‘cos it looks like being a bonnie evening... and I could be doing with some exercise, having just woken up after a nice snooze while watching the News.   Yep ... I am having a cuppa.

21.30     It has been  a cracker of an evening and I ended up being out for an hour and a half;   and starving when I got back to Ivy.    I did my usual bumble about the villages and Elie Estate, talking to various folks on my way.... oh ... and taking a few photos in the passing.
Steve (Blaney) appeared when I was at the harbour so we had a good old catch up chat:  Steve is a frustrated sailor just now... and will be until the boats get ‘craned in’ whenever that may be.   I met a few people to talk to on the way round this evening;   speaking to people is what I miss most.    Myra phones Geoff and me (‘her boys) every morning so we keep up to date with what’s going on in our wee world;   but we really miss ‘arbour ‘ouse for morning coffee and chat.

I am going to continue going for my paper early in the morning... (I must remember to
Bad hair day do you think?
take the car tomorrow morning ‘cos I need milk);   I feel safe, comfortable and ‘normal’ at the ‘paper shop’ even with the social distancing.   It’s the only shop I actually visit now, never having been to a supermarket or anything.   I do Ardross Farm by e-mail then go along to pick up my order which is delivered to the car by one of the Ardross Team.

My niece Siobhan works at Earlsferry House so COVID-19 is no longer just ‘something’ you read about in the papers.    How I admire all the folks who are in the front line in this stressful time;  they all deserve some proper recognition when this is all over.   It will be interesting to see how all the front line ‘troops’ are treated when this is all over.


Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnston .... welcome to the ‘clan’.   I don’t need to trace his family tree;  the ‘Lawrie’ part of his name says it all.  Definitely Eton material, then Oxford followed by a job in the City.   Yes that boy has a real future.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....