Reminiscing ....


4th May 2020 (Monday)      06.30 ....  “Sunny intervals with a light easterly
Gannets feeding in Elie bay.
breeze” is our forecast for the day;   at the moment the sun beginning to break through a heavy layer of cloud.   It should turn out to be a nice enough day for play ....er ... working.   I think I’ll have a foray round to the darkest reaches of the back garden with the secateurs ... and the loppers.   That event will happen once the wetness caused by the overnight rain (from the aforementioned heavy layer of cloud) has dried away.
I am beginning to enjoy this lack of traffic;  the amount of cars on the roads is (well was until the beginning of last week)....  is more like it was in the late 40’s and early 50’s (19 not 18).     It’s actually braw hearing birds singing when you’re biking along (even on the main roads).    There is one noticeable difference;   quality (and quantity)
Kinneuchar... with a lassie doing proper exercises... made me feel old.
of pothole in the road is far better than it was then.
   Most people cycled locally and used the bus (355) to get to Leven Anstruther etc.   The buses turned left(or right coming from Colinsburgh) at the Kinneuchar Inn and went up the Colinsburgh road not through Kinneuchar and up to Robin Gray’s cottage.   Yes I am beginning to like less noise and more fresh air.   Anyway enough of this reminiscing;  It looks like I’ll have to take the car to go for the paper as it’s still damp!    That spoils things and brings me right back to ‘today’.

08.30    The sun is breaking through and I will get the bike out later.   It was cold on the hands down at the harbour.... but I suppose it’s nearly always cold down there.   Everything is where it should be... except that there’s a Bin Store door open at the Granary.... also this is mair exciting.... gannets are diving in the bay just now and coming in quite close to the pier.    Must go slight flap on now;  I am going to make
Berwick Law.
Cottage pies.



21.00    My word we have a lovely evening:  I went ‘roond’ the Chapel on the bike and up to the Pony field.     I didn’t charge the battery last night so I couldn’t go any further.    It is on charge now so it will be all ‘go’ tomorrow;  the weather forecast is good.
The Cottage Pies are ‘made’ and should be ready to go into the freezer now.   I had an Ardross Steak Pie for my dinner with mashed tautties and veg.... my word it was succulent.... and was followed by Strawberries and meringue for sweet.   

Leven Care Home has arranged a time for Myra to see and wave to Jim from the Car Park tomorrow morning;  I think that is a brilliant idea, because of course there‘s no
er .... the 'toon' clock.
contact visiting just now.   It will be interesting to hear how Jim reacts to seeing Myra outside.    All families will be missing visiting their loved ones in Care Homes all over the world;  and the family member in care will be missing the regular contact.    Changed times indeed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....