Warm and sunny ....


27th May 2020 (Wednesday)    06.30.... right now the sky is overcast but
Elie Bay.
once the sun gets going that should clear;  the air is warm air on a light westerly breeze.   Looks like being another nice day.    I had a good night’s sleep but this is going to be a ‘rest day’ after the yesterday’s ‘work’ session.    I need milk so I’ll take the car to go for the paper then go out on the bike later in the morning.



10.00     It's a beautiful morning;   sunny and warm.    I’ve been for the paper(s) and milk.... then had a walk to the beach for a change of scenery.   The beach was quiet at that time of the morning though there were footprints below high water mark a good sign that the early morning joggers and dog walkers had been there.

I have done some work this morning (sorting out cupboards) and will do some more.... but the primary aim for today is to relax and enjoy the good weather.   The villages are
Williamsburgh.
becoming busier:  I don’t know if Air B n B is back in action but when they are will be the time to for me to ‘hibernate’.



18.00   I’m thinking of inventing something:  my hair is white and long enough.    What else do I need?    A brain!    Ahh.... there lies the problem.   Wait a minute;  many years ago when the original ‘troops’, Emily and John, were small I invented ’Syrup Burgers’.... we were going to have a picnic at Kingsbarns beach.     How did the ditty go?..... “forget beef burgers and aw the rest – syrup burgers are the best!”
I have had another busy(ish) day and should sleep well again tonight.   The cupboard under the boiler is done ... and I’ve had a look at the next challenge.   I’ll have another look tomorrow and come up with a ‘plan of action.

Today I went to my first Coffee Morning since lockdown .... this afternoon in the Hutte.   So it was a ‘Coffee Afternoon’.   It wisnae busy, but scones (courtesy Barbara) with Strawberry Jam (courtesy Barbara) were on the table and duly scoffed;  it was such a success that I’ll have another ‘Coffee Morning’ tomorrow afternoon... I have another four scones to go = two 'Coffee Mornings';  so.... actually I'll have a 'Coffee Morning' and a 'Coffee Afternoon' tomorrow.    The conversation was a bit one sided.

21.30    Tomorrow I am going to be very busy with the two Coffee Mornings  to attend... both in ‘The Hutte’ with scones and Strawberry jam.    I will find time to go out on the bike.... probably when I go for the paper.    I also plan (but this is amendable – all my plans are) to clean out one of the floor level kitchen cupboards.


The weather for KY9 tomorrow is going to be ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’.... so much the same as today.   Usually, at this time of year, when we’ve had a few hot days the wind backs to the east and we end up with an onshore breeze... and sometimes even haar.    I hope that doesn’t happen this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....