Feeling playful ....


14th May 2020 (Thursday)      06.30 .... I’m feeling ‘playful’ this morning
Earlsferry from the Breakwater.
and it looks like being a bonnie day for ‘going out to play’;  there’s a brisk breeze from the West and it is cold but not that sharp wintry feeling cold that we’ve had recently.   Will we ever be able to go ‘oot tae play’ again?.... the realisation that coffee mornings and such gatherings  won’t be the same is hard to come to terms with.    According to the WHO this virus is going to be around for years so I guess we will have to adjust.   Orf to get the bike out and go for the paper.


08.30    Did I say that the wind didn’t have the feel of winter about it?..... well you can cancel that!    By the time I was back in Ivy the wind had freshened and  it was freezin’.   I won’t be goin’ out until after lunchtime by which time there should be warmth it the sun.    The villages are looking as they should be .....but it’s really cold at the harbour.    Thew ironing!     That's a warm job for this morning;   yes I will do the ironing after breakfast!


Clear view of the loch after tree felling operations.
13.30     I have done the ironing.... now I am going celebrate by going out for some exercise .   There’s still a brisk breeze but it’s much warmer than it was first thing this morning.     I have done other bits and pieces of ‘work’, watched the ‘news’, had few cuppas ... now it’s ‘playtime’.

20.00     Well ... I did have a pleasant run out on the bike in the afternoon;   along and through Elie to Balbuthie Loan, through Kinneuchar, then home by Elie Estate.     This is when the countryside is looking at its best:  fresh greens everywhere, cattle with calves and sheep with lambs.... idyllic country scenes.   Oh I got a surprise at the boathouse (Elie Estate);  two of the trees that I used to lean on, to steady the camera, are no longer there;  Stewart has been a busy boy.   Right enough the road was closed to through traffic yesterday due to
Peaceful country scene.
‘tree felling operations’.     It has opened up the view of the loch.... and given me three nice flat tree stumps to stand on.   Apart from three trees everything else was where it should be.


We have a bonnie evening;  there’s still a brisk breeze but not too cold now.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow.... I can’t go anywhere  ‘different’ like Crail  or Kinghorn:  but I might go to Balcarres if the weather is suitable.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....