Gorgeous day ....


9th May 2020 (Saturday)  12.00 ..... it’s a bonnie morning and I
Beautiful morning (07.15)
have been a busy boy.... which is why this is the first of me getting round to updating ‘The Hutte’.     There was nae wind first thing so that meant a placid sea with reflections;   but even the houses looked ‘different’ this morning.   It must have been the light.    Anyway when I went for the paper  one and three quarters of an hour  had passed before one hungry ‘boy’  got back to Ivy Cottage.... with 176 photographs to ‘play’ with.   The washing machine had completed its cycle, and was ready to be hung out;  and the photographs have been sorted and now are 97 in number.

Myra and Geoff have phoned so I am well up to date with their news.   Oh I was a naughty boy this morning;  I bought a packet of Maltesers ... the first since ‘lockdown’.   I am in much need of a cuppa... and ‘50’ .... so I will take the paper out to The Hutte and settle down.


'Our Christine' being launched.
19.00   The weather forecasters have been telling us that the temperature was going to “plummet” later this afternoon but it was 20c in Ivy garden at 18.00:  it has been another beautiful day, in fact we’ve had a few “beautiful days” in succession.... and we are beginning to like them!    Considering it’s a Bank Holiday weekend the villages are very quiet though probably not as quiet as they should be if everyone was sticking to the ‘lockdown’ rules.    I know this because with it being such a bonnie day I have been round the villages twice on the bike.     With loads of photographs just a click away.... I had to get out there.   So very little ‘work’ was done.

At long last we have a boat in the harbour;   ‘Our Christine’, David Anderson’s creel
Perfect afternoon for being on the water.
boat, was launched  this morning and he went out in her this afternoon.   It was a perfect day for being on (and in some cases ‘in’) the water though yachts wouldn’t have been moving very fast.   I met Suzanne out for her exercise;  she will be glad when the golf course is open for play again;   as will all golfers.   Golf is a good way to exercise... though sometimes frustrating.



21.30    “Sunny intervals” with a fresh breeze but colder is the forecast for KY9 tomorrow, so the drop in temperature is going to happen overnight.    I might have a lie in tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....