St George's Day ....


23rd April 2020 (Thursday - St George’s Day)     06.00 .... “Happy St
Elie this morning.
George’s Day” to all my pals in sunny and warm England  ... enjoy your Saint’s day.   It definitely cloudier up here just now but the sun has just risen (behind the clouds) so it should brighten up in a wee while:    I’ m having a cuppa before going for the paper;  I actually feel ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ this morning well ready to go out and play:   but the plan is to clean Maggie’s seat at Chapel Green.   I'll take a flask of coffee with me.


08.00   It’s a bonnie morning in spite of the cloud;  funny thing is that it’s always warmest when I first go out, by the time I’m coming home there’s a noticeable drop in temperature with the freshening of the wind.   I’ll have breakfast then get stuff sorted for cleaning the seat.


Cleaned seat = happy boy.
14.00    I am happy bunny now that the seat cleaning mission has been accomplished.   I don’t know what the mess was but I used anti-bacteriological spray to clean it then washed it down with clean water.     It’s a perfect day for working outside so I’m going to work in the garden for a couple of hours;  with frequent breaks to rest ones weary limbos.   And drink tea.   Don’t want to become dehydrated!


20.30    My word I have been a busy boy ... and I am tired     I’ve done all the things I said I’d do .... then went for a five mile bike round the villages and Elie estate.   The estate road was busy;  which makes me wonder if the East Neuk is gathering in some more ‘new residents’.    The main road was busy as well, with traffic moving at speed and litter beginning to appear at the sides of the road;  both indicators of ‘visitors’.    And I was beginning to enjoy the tranquillity of the ‘stay at home rools’.
East end of Links Road.
This weather has me in a working mood and tomorrow is forecast to be sunny and warm with only a light wind.    I filled the ‘broon’ bucket up to the top with garden rubbish;  now I’m thinking of painting the Hutte (outside)... that’s a job I enjoy doing.

My bedtime book just now is ‘The Thirty Nine Steps’ (John Buchan):   it must be sixty years since I last read this book.    There has been different film versions of it on the tele over the years but  film version of any book is never as good as the actual books.  



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....