Frisky wind ....


2nd April 2020 (Thursday)      07.30 .... There’s a frisky wind a
Elie High Street.
blowin’ (F6 out in the Firth) so it’s not that warm;  that said the wind isn’t of the sharp kind so it doesn’t feel as cold as it was yesterday but it, the wind, is forecast to freshen.       I’m feeling brighter this morning... and (so far) I haven’t sneezed.    The plan is to mostly potter around Ivy then go out to Ardross later.   It’s a bonnie enough morning and I do intend going to the beach sometime today.... might even go up to Chapel Green depending on just how windy (and cold) it is.


16.30     I was havin’ a cuppa in The Hutte when I noticed a couple of Queen Bumble bees on the flowering currant:  they never cease to amaze me.... the Bumble bees not the flowering currant.   Bumble Bee Queens have the aerodynamics of a brick yet they can fly, to and from the flowers to the nest site, even in the kind of wind we had earlier (F4-5).    It has been a bonnie day for Bumble Bee watching.    I felt guilty watching them working so I did a wee bit of gardening.

The 'Toon Clock' from the third tee.
My shopping mission to Ardross Farm Shop went perfectly to plan;    Claire e-mailed me yesterday afternoon to tell me that my order was ready for pick up today (Thursday);  I paid (over the phone) as per ‘plan’ and promptly had a cuppa and relaxed ‘cos everything had gone smoothly.   All I had to do was go to the ‘Shop’ and pick the order up this morning.   This system is an absolute dawdle:  I got to the Ardross car park, texted the given phone number and lo and behold  the order was brought out and laid beside the car.   Perfect.  
 
This afternoon (after I’d watched the BB Queens) I made my Shepherd’s Pies (3) for freezing;  tomorrow I’ll make the Cottage Pies (6) again for freezing (my Ardross order was for lamb and beef mince so that I could make pies).    I’m beginning to get the hang of this new routine.   Next week I will place an order for chicken (to turn into Chicken pies), beef burgers and some other Ardross foods.   It’s all ‘go’ at Ivy.
We have a lovely late afternoon /evening so I’ll go for a walk after I have my dinner;   actually I am hungry.  


21.00     It’s a nice evening and I went up to the golf course for a short walk but the sun
Sunny 'Sooth side' of the Firth.
was behind clouds so it was cold;  the fact that I was on the golf course, and therefore exposed to the wind, didn’t help.    I needed the exercise because even though I worked in the kitchen and even did a wee bit in the garden, I felt that I needed some exercise.    It is to be less windy tomorrow and perhaps sunnier but cool for the time of year:  that’s all going to change on Saturday when warmer winds form the south begin to come our way.... Sunday being the warmest day of the weekend.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....