Feeling friskier again ....


28th April 2020 (Tuesday)      06.30 .... There was a red sky at sunrise time
Swimmers on the beach!
and it is a bonnie morning though the red sky probably means rain tomorrow .... right now we have sunshine with a light northerly breeze, and it’s cool.   The top temperature is going to be around 10c today ..... not that warm for this time of year.  

My muscles are beginning to feel less stiff after my couple of days twisting around behind The Hutte.   I must ‘invent’ a adjustable brush holder that will allow me to paint the high bits without the need for a set of steps etc.   I remember seeing a plasterer (on a building site in Glenrothes) with a set of eighteen inch or so ‘stilts’ so that he didn’t need a trestle etc when plastering the rooms.   He’d brought them (the stilts ... not the rooms) back from Canada.   He seemed to get around easy enough.... but I have no intention of trying that.... though it would be interesting to see the world through the eyes of a seven foot high painter.   Must go .... got a paper to buy.



Peaceful Elie Bay.
20.00    I go to the harbour after the ‘paper shop’ stopping at my usual viewpoints to get a photo;   when zooming in to take a picture of the beach I noticed people on the beach so I zoomed in to the limit and realised it was folk who had been swimming.    My word they must have been brave ‘cos there was a cold easterly breeze at that time ... 07.10.   I steadied the camera and got the shot you see.    I then scuttled orf home desperate for a hot cup o’ chocolate!

Most of my day has been spent painting the Hutte:  this is going to be a long job.... to be honest it’s more like occupational therapy than work.    I am finding it relaxing.   By the time I have given it, the Hutte, five coats I’ll be in a very very relaxed.     I was waiting for a delivery if ‘Parsley Box’ ready meals.   They don’t need to be kept in a freezer;   and stay edible for six months in a food cupboard.   It has something to do with the way they are packed.    The delivery arrived bang on schedule.

Alan arrived with a huge haddock fillet that I am going have for dinner tomorrow;  in
I loved that sky.
fact I might make two meals out of it.   If I make a success of this I will ask Alan to get me four fillets so that I can freeze them.   Up to now my fish diet has involved opening tins and no cooking.

Andrew stopped on his way past when out for his walk this afternoon.    Irene was going to Sainsbury’s:   I wonder how she got on?    I have another order ready for Tesco ... I might have a look for a delivery slot later :  this will be my second delivery and after it I will feel more confident, and comfortable, with online supermarket shopping.

I am not sure if I’ll get any painting done tomorrow ... rain is forecast to move in from the Southwest later in the afternoon.   If it’s warm in the morning I might take a chance.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....