Dull morning ....


13th April 2020 (Monday)     06.30 .... Hmmmmm;   it’s overcast and cold
Elie harbour.
as per weather forecast... the temperature is not going to reach double figures and there’s a northeast wind so wind chill will make it feel even colder.   No biking today.    I should get some work done in the greenhouse  and have a walk to the beach later.... there’s a chance of some sunny spells after midday.   Right now it’s cuppa (second of the morning) time.   Oops ... I sneezed!



08.30     Did I say is was cold?   It isn’t cold’ ... it’s bitterly cold out this morning.   I’ve been for the paper and a run to the harbour then home by way of Kinneuchar to give the car a run.   The plan is to go for a walk later in the afternoon:  right now it’s breakfast time.    Stay in – Stay safe – Stay warm!

Jock's pets are in residence ... he loves the peaceful cawing rooks.
20.00    The wind moderated in the afternoon and the sun broke through so I went for a turn out on the bike;  not very far because I didn’t charge the battery after yesterday’s outing .... it is on charge now.   I went out later in the afternoon than I normally would and met a fair amount of folks out exercising.   It was  good seeing them all out enjoying the bonnie afternoon.   I went ‘round the Chapel’ then up Ferry road to the Elie then down to Elie and photographed a bit of Park Place.... then home by way of South Street.    I met Frazer and Jane out walking their dog (it might have been the dog walking them) then Anna out for her afternoon exercise.... Fraser pointed out the Wood Pigeon nest.    Wood Pigeons are fast becoming garden birds!    I have a pair contemplating nesting in a bush shrub that I was intending to prune.... now I’ll have to leave it until they make their mind up if they are going to nest there.

A few years ago I bought a packet of mixed tulip bulbs at B n Q’s Garden Centre then
Ivy tulips.
forgot about them for three years or so.   Last year I stuck them in holes the ground in handfuls thinking that they would never appear but... lo and behold they did.   My gardening skills never cease to surprise me.   Now I wish I’d taken a bit of time and planted them  properly.
The wind has backed to the West and it’s going to be sunnier and warmer tomorrow .... but still windy;  I will bike along for the paper tomorrow morning.... then have a decent exercise run in the afternoon.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....