Beautiful start to the day....


19th April 2020(Sunday)     10.00     I’ve been for the paper then went out
Elie Kirk Tower.
to the lighthouse (on the bike) and home by Elie Estate;  and I got a few photos on the way.   The surprise one, and the one I like, is the one of a canoeist on Kinneuchar loch.    It was a nice early morning ‘run’ and not cold.... there was hardly any wind at out at the lighthouse.    The wind had freshened by the time I left the estate and it felt colder on the way down Ferry road.    I am about to have breakfast then go out to the Hutte with the paper.... and a cuppa.


The harbour with Earlsferry beyond.

18.30    We’ve had wall to wall blue sky most of the day .... though cloud is beginning to drift in from the North Sea now.    I’ve had an good rest day having spent all of the day around Ivy after my trip out to the lighthouse in the morning.    I have done some ‘work’ in the  garden but mostly I sat in the Hutte and read the paper (Observer) and did Soduko’s.     Most of the news in the paper is about the pandemic and how the fight to contain it goes on around the world.     The general impression is that it will take a vaccine to really get to grips with it .... and that it (the Coronavirus) will be with be around for years.   We older folks can look forward to a set of ‘rools’ governing our lives until a vaccine is found;  even then it may not work very effective on older people.    It’s going to be a different world once this is all over.    Mind you I’m likin’ bikin’ on the streets nowadays... and wandering about on the golf course.

Myra dropped in with a book for me .... so we had a short chat (at three metres range)
Kinneuchar kirk.
but she is the only person I have actually talked to today.... which isnae surprising when I haven’t been further than the front gate.   Oh .... I had a migraine about lunch time which is why I didn’t go anywhere in the afternoon.
I made semolina pudding  .... and it was perfect;  well my idea of perfect....i.e. it tastes great and the sultanas are mixed through it.   And I didn’t put the dish down on a lit gas.
Tomorrow is forecast to be another ‘wall to wall’ bloo sky day after the early morning cloud is burnt off.    As usual I will go out early then hang around Ivy for most of the day though I might go out later in the afternoon;  depends on how windy and how cold it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....