Nice, crisp morning .....


3rd April 2020 (Friday)     09.00 .... we have a cracker of a mornin’ after a
Lovely pre-sunrise sky.
touch of light frost so there is ‘nip in the air:  once the sun gets higher in the sky it will be warmer.   Having said that there are clouds about so it will be ‘sunny spells’ for a while;  I was hoping for a prolonged sunny spell!    There was one other person on the beach;  a jogger out for his early morning exercise.   Nae ‘dog walkers’? ....  right enough it was early.
I’ve been for the paper.... and remembered to buy onions (Cottage pies) and milk (Cornflakes and cuppas) .... so I can now settle down for the remainder of the day.    The ‘plan’ is to do the Cottage Pies for freezing;  (they will have to be done in two batches) .... and take some time out on the bike around about midday when (hopefully) the temperature will be more amenable ....I  don’t like cauld lugs.

Ken and Irene going for their exercise walk.
20.30    The weather turned a bit ‘iffy’ after midday....overcast and cold.    I had spent the morning in Ivy doing the first batch of (3) Cottage Pies for the freezer;  tomorrow I will do the last batch .... two for the freezer and one for ‘the boy’
 I went for a short walk  in the afternoon and met Ken and Irene going out for their exercise;   there was a few people on the beach when I eventually got reached the dunes .... so we are all trying to keep reasonably fit during this ’stay at home and stay safe’ three months.   It wasn’t the warmest afternoon for being out but it is forecast to be really warm on Sunday with the wind coming from Southern climes.   This would normally be a busy time of year in the villages but with the ‘stay at home’ rule they (the villages) will be quiet, because the folks have to literally ‘stay at home’.    Actually I am enjoying the quiet roads when
Earlsferry this afternoon.
out on the bike;  I can relax and enjoy being out even on the streets..... but I do miss the random conversation opportunities that visitors offer.


Apart from working in the kitchen I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  the weather forecast is not exciting.... overcast and not very warm.... so it looks like I won’t be biking.    However I will do some work around Ivy after I finish the Cottage Pies;  I blame the Queen Bumble bees for me ‘working’.... they made me feel guilty!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....