Showers around ....


30th April 2020 (Thursday)      06.30 ..... The rain has cleared away but it
Grey kind of morning ... and cold.
does look like we’ll  get a few showers going by the sky;  lots of heavy clouds coming up from the Southeast.     Hmmm .... yes I’ll take the car for the paper and get the bike out later once I see how the weather is going.... at the moment it looks like there could be some interesting clouds around today.



08.00    I don’t think the bike will be coming out today;   it’s not the showers putting me off it’s the cold East wind.    Although cloudy we haven’t had a shower so far.... nor a sunny spell.... but it is a threatening looking sky;  it should brighten up later.  I’m going to spend most of the day on the computer.
I didn’t take 126 photographs down at the harbour this morning .... but I did manage to get 26:  no matter what the weather the villages are always photogenic.   It was just too cold to hang about.


The harbour beach.
11.30    I watched another old film;  this one had William Hartnell in it... I don’t know the name of the film because I missed the first 10 minutes.    It was a step back in time to the late 1950’s, and well made but slightly  off putting with the posh way of speaking.    Elvis Presley in ‘King Creole’ is on Sunday at 15.40;  if I remember the film was rubbish but it did have a young Elvis in it.   It all depends on the weather as to whether I’ll watch it.

The sky is much brighter now but the sun hasn’t made a big break through;  perhaps it will in the afternoon.    I might even get out on the bike. 

19.00     The sun managed to break through and the temperature went up to 16c, in Ivy garden, so I went out on the bike and it was warm even exposed to the light wind.    Without the breeze it would have been a really hot day by Scottish standards.

The roads are busy definitely busier with vehicles of all kinds and there’s litter beginning to appear along the sides of the road (tins etcetera thrown out of cars) so it
It was so warm that the cattle needed shade from the sun.
looks like there are some people (‘rools’? ... that's for other people) who have decided that this lockdown is all over.    It wouldn’t have happened in New Zealand:  they put road blocks on the motorways and roads out of the cities and towns and created a dedicated phone line (which ran along the bottom of the News reports) to report any illegal activity.    New Zealand has a population slightly less than Scotland and, at this time of writing, had 19 deaths caused by the virus...  yesterday they moved down from Status 4 lockdown to Status 3.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....