Playful ....


15th April 2020 (Wednesday)    07.00 .... The red sky last night was a sign
Grange House - Earlsferry.
of a lovely morning  the next day, and so it has turned out;   there is a playful breeze so it is cool but once the sun gets going it should be warm... in fact this forecast to be the warmest day of the week for KY9, with wall to wall sunshine the whole day.                                 
 I must have been really tired last night .... it was 22.20 when I put my book down and I didn’t wake up until ‘Wallace’ fired off at 06.00 so this is going to be a lazy ‘pottering around Ivy’ day.


09.00..... Welllll .... if this is the warmest day of the week all I can say is that the ither days must be really really cauld ‘cos it ain’t warm out there this morrrrrrrning.... my word it was cauld on the lugs... and that was with the lug flaps doon.    Having said that it is a bonnie morning and enjoyable, but you have to wrap up well ... or stay well out of the wind.   It’s the wind chill factor that’s the problem.   I went round the villages on the bike and will go out again probably later in the afternoon .... by which time the wind usually has moderated.
This brought back many happy memories!
10.30    I had to go out to photograph the clouds (lenticular) that are bumbling over us this morning.... oh... and it’s not as cold as it was.   Anyway I got the clouds but the most memory jogging photos I got were of a family doing what we called a ‘beach drainer’ alongside the Cockstail rocks.    This brought back happy memories of when the troops (sons Michael and Iain) and I played ... er worked hard at controlled draining of the beach there in the 1970’s:  then again at the turn of the century with ‘JB’ (grandson).   I had noticed that someone had ‘found’ the best place on the beach for such engineering exploits but this morning was the first time I actually saw the ‘team’ working.   I enjoyed that.

19.00     I’ve has a satisfying day albeit mostly a lazy one.    The Tesco delivery arrived right on schedule:  I wasn’t sure what the procedure would be but the delivery man made it easy.... all I had to do was wipe everything before stacking them away in their
Interesting clouds.
appropriate cupboards then sit down and have a nice cuppa with one of the goodies I had ordered from the Tesco Bakery Dept.... loved it.   I now know that I can do an ‘online’ order all I have to do is adjust the list for the next order ... probably in a month or so.  
It has been a lovely day albeit breezy... but warm sheltered from the wind.    I haven’t been out this afternoon, and probably will stay in for the remainder of the day.    I have been really tired all day so a rest won’t go amiss:  in fact tomorrow might be another ‘potter around Ivy’ day.   It’s forecast to be cloudier (the wind is going be from the East) but dry.   Yes it could be a good day for resting.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....