Feeling frisky ....


20th April 2020 (Monday)     06.30 .... ‘Wall to wall’ sunshine the
'The Toft'.
forecasters said and ‘wall to wall’ sunshine we have already;   it’s a lovely start to the day.   The only thing spoiling  it is the cool wind off the sea, but a warm jacket, a hat wi’ lug flaps and scarf sorts that.    Must go ‘slight flap on’.... I’m feeling frisky.

   
09.30    What a cracker o’ a mornin’ to be out;  I’ve been for the paper and had a long slow bumble around the villages.... from the harbour to Chapel Green.   I am a happy boy... and shall now make a fresh cuppa and go out to the Hutte with the paper.   Enjoy your day folks:  the wind has freshened since I was out so there is wind-chill to contend with now.  


End of Elie pier.

19.00    It has been another gorgeous day... and tomorrow is forecast to be the same.   I have had an enjoyable day doing a wee bit of work in the greenhouse and a lot of contemplating in the Hutte.    I am settling down to this new regime;  up and out early then hibernate for the rest of the day. ... and I have been planning my summer routine which will be much the same (I don’t expect to get back to the old style of life for a long time) ...except that I’ll get up and out earlier.    I was thinking of going out on the bike this evening but I need to have a cuppa while giving that idea a bit more thought:   there is a cauld wind a blowin’.

The Coronavirus continues to rampage its way around the world but the powers that
The former Grange Farm area - Earlsferry.
be are contemplating how to get back to a more ‘normal’ (the auld normal) way of life.    This got me thinking......

“After this war is over .....
  
I hope that our  frontline troops (of the NHS etc) get better treatment that the frontline troops of WW1 got when the fighting was over.   I would like to think that the Doctors Nurses, and Carers of the NHS ... and everyone in essential services all over the UK, who put their own lives at risk for us, with some ‘giving’ their lives  .... get a realistic monetary reward and pay rise;  not a ‘gong’ or three to a chosen few.   That said:   at least the next few Honours List’s will have loads of individuals all over the UK worthy of  recognition.    It is to be hoped that people here in the UK and indeed the world over, see the value of real people:  not the overpaid, oversold , tax avoiding, ‘prima donnas’.


20.30     There are five cruise liners anchored off Aberlady now;   Black Watch, Braemar and Balmoral have been joined by Viking Sky and Boudicca.    It could be a long time before the cruise industry gets back to ‘normal’. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....