.... another lovely quiet morning.


8th April 2020 (Wednesday)     06.30 .... once again we have quiet start to
Pre - sunrise sky over Williamsburgh.
the day though there was some red in the pre sunrise sky which made for a bonnie picture but of course is quite often an indication of a weather change.    I’m going to bike for the paper ‘cos there’s hardly any wind and I may come home by way of Balbuthie for my bit of  daily exercise.   At the moment the Coronavirus is a ‘thing’ of the News but with the Prime Minister now in hospital it suddenly brings it home... and  makes me realise the seriousness of  keeping to the ‘rools’ of social distancing etc.... even in our wee villages.     We live in world changing times.



Kinneuchar Kirk.
08.30     It is a lovely 'out' looks like being another warm day once the  sun gets going and burns orf the early morning clouds.    I’ve been to Elie for the paper(s) and home via Balbuthie... and I met an early morning cyclist out for his morning exercise;   apart from him, and a couple of cars the roads are quiet.   I’m feeling fairly energetic (which surprises me after the work I did yesterday) and plan to work in the garden but will take time out to go up to Chapel green in the afternoon.   Must 'go' .... I'm hungry!


16.30     Most of my day has been spent in the garden getting rid of the small patch of nettles that we kept for Tortoiseshell butterfly caterpillars to use as food plants.   We did have a few caterpillars over the years but the patch was beginning to contemplate expansion (as nettles do) so I uprooted them.   I’ll have to keep on weeding nettles out over the summer.     I also pruned the ivy bush so the ‘broon’ bucket won’t take any more garden rubbish now;  it doesn’t get emptied until the 24th (April).   There’s room for the kitchen stuff.   It's surprising what can be achieved under the 'stay at home 'rools'.

21.00     Oh my word ....  my hips and knees are stiff tonight;  though they feel better
The 'toon' clock from a slightly different viewpoint.
now that I’ve had a shower..... I did think of having a bath but wondered if I could have climbed out of it!    Nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow.... in fact I don’t need to have a ‘plan’ I sort of follow the same routine every day.   By the time this is over I will have photographed every corner of Elie and Earlsferry from all angles and in all lights!   I don’t stop in Kinneuchar .... only on the roads in and out of the village.   Theoretically I should be able to take photographs as long as we are allowed out to exercise.... on the bike I’m never near anyone.   When I do stop to take a photo anyone passing (and there’s very few about when I am out) observes the three metre ‘rool’.    Or is it two metres?  

The sky clouded over this evening but I don’t think rain is forecast for tomorrow.... though it is going to be cloudier and the wind is going to be Easterly;  not my favourite direction.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....