Interesting sky ....


16th April 2020 (Thursday)    12.00 .... My “Candle for Calum” is in the
'Candle for Calum'.
window and my thoughts are with Cath and Ian on this unhappy day.    Much love to you both.
I went out earlier than normally this morning for some unknown reason;   the sky was heavily overcast but interestingly so, there was only a very light breeze from the Northwest so it wasn’t cold.    By the time I was back in  Ivy the wind had freshened and veered to the Northeast and it became cooler!     I had a great time with the camera and have a multitude of photos to play with.    Not only was the sky interesting we also had reflections (until the wind became friskier) .... so I was in Alberto heaven.   I met and chatted to George (Dunsire) at the Breakwater.... George was walking the dog.   I also met birdwatcher on the road to the harbour who was telling me that there was a Black Necked Grebe in the harbour the other day.... which I had inadvertently photographed without realising that it was a Black Necked Grebe.   I have had an exciting enough morning.... but its colder now and I don’t think I will be out on the bike again today:  unless the sun breaks through and the wind drops away to nigh on nothing.   It's a day for contemplating things.

Interesting sky over the Firth this morning.
19.00      It’s been a grey and cold day.... I had the best of if first thing in the morning;  that was before the wind went to the East and freshened.    I’ve had a restful day (much needed) though I did a bit of ironing in the afternoon.   It was too cold to work in the garden.

The ‘lockdown’ has been extended for another three weeks when they will decide if conditions warrant an even further extension.... or if its possible to have some kind of slow phased slackening of the ‘rools’.    It will be the long haul, until they come up with a vaccine,  for us older folks I’m thinkin’.   It would be disastrous if they try to get things back to ‘normal’ too
Elie this morning.
soon and starting another wave of infections.


It’ going to be brighter with with some sunny spells tomorrow but cold .... I might get some stuff done in the garden in a sheltered corner:  the ‘plan’ is to get out early then hibernate in Ivy for the remainder of the day.   I'd better get used to the East wind.... it's going to be with us for a while.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....