Overcast and cold ....


17th April 2020 (Friday)      08.00 .... Hmmmm .... it’s cold and grey just
Promising Eastern sky.
now but should brighten up in  awe while but it’s never going to be warm today especially exposed to the Easterly wind.    ‘The Boy’ (that’s ‘me’) has been for the paper and I've also had my morning look at the harbour;  the boats aren’t where they should be;  will they ever be ‘craned in’ this year?.... but everything else is.   I came home by way of Kinneuchar to give the car a run:  hopefully I should get out on the bike later.



19.30    The afternoon turned out sunny ... and warm sheltered from the wind .... so I went out on the bike round the villages, Elie Estate and onto a stubble field near Kinneuchar.    I really enjoyed myself ... in spite of the wind being from the East.
Kinneuchar kirk.
I’ve been watching the Coronavirus daily briefings and without question the female Leaders are miles ahead of the male ones when it comes to getting the message across....Jacinda Ahern (New Zealand) and Nicola Sturgeon (Scotland) in particular deliver the message as it should be done;  no trying to gain points over political opponents.... just get the job done.    The President of the US of A is a classic example of how not to do it... in fact how not to do anything.   How did the muppet end up as President?    The Western male leaders are beginning the ‘blame’ game (China on the receiving end) to cover up their lack of leadership (and action) at the start of the crisis.   It will be interesting to see how it all pans out when this is over;  whenever that will be.   This is an international crisis? .... it’s worse than that!    When I meet my girls I can’t give them a hug.... now that is a crisis!    And it’s
Kinneuchar loch and kirk.
happening right here!    So “Stay Home, stay three metres apart and Help the NHS defeat this”:   then and only then can  things get back to normal and can ‘hug my girls’.


20.30      I was contemplating going to the beach but with the sun going down so is the temperature so I changed my mind and put the kettle on.   The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is much the same as the plan was for today .... and everyday just now and for as long as it takes for the ‘rools’ to be slackened orf:   that could be a number of months, maybe even into next year, for us not so young folks.   The forecast in good for tomorrow ‘sunny spells’ with a cold  wind off the North Sea.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....