Feeling 'nearly bright eyed and bushy tailed' ....


18th April 2020 (Saturday)      07.00 .... ‘Sunny intervals with a gentle
'Girl' duck with two 'boy' ducks hot on her tail.
breeze off the North Sea’ is our weather forecast for today;  so not too bad actually though coming off the water the breeze will be cool.       I haven’t been further than the front gate from where everything looked the same as it did yesterday.    Our villages  always look bonnie only some days they are more colourful than others.... depending on how sunny it is.   I’ll get the bike out in a wee while and go for the paper. 


11.30    I 'm just about to go for the paper now;   I ended up watching an old film (1964) set in Sunny Sussex in the 1960’s around the Hastings, Eastbourne and Brighton area.     It was braw seeing Sussex as it was then.   Now I’m all action.... or will be after I have a quick cup o’ tea.   The sun has broken through so the temperature has risen;  warm enough to go out on the bike but I’ll stick to the sheltered places, out of the wind as much as possible.   Must go slight ‘flap on’ now.


Kinneuchar kirk.
16.00    I had a good ‘scart aboot’ on the bike today;   did the villages, Elie Estate, Kinneuchar then home by way of Balbuthie, Elie and Chapel Green.    I fell sound asleep in The Hutte half way through a cuppa so I need to make myself a fresh one.   The wind is cold but I was well wrapped up and most of the time I was either sheltered from the wind or it was on my back.   I managed to get a few photos when out.     The countryside is beginning to look good.... buds beginning to open all over the woods.... and love was in the air (literally) at Kinneuchar Loch (see top photo).

19.30     It’s a nice sunny evening but the cool wind off the sea is keeping me from
A sign of the times - 'fly tipping' near Kinneuchar.
visiting the beach;  that, and the fact that I’m really tired tonight after my wanderings today.   The ‘wanderings’ also agitated the knee ever so slightly;  tomorrow will be a more restful day with more time spent in and around the Hutte.... and less wandering.... (maybe).   The forecast for tomorrow is good;   long sunny spells with a moderate breeze.... unfortunately wind will still be off the North Sea (East) and therefore cool, however it should be really warm in the garden.    Any wandering I do will be done in the morning.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....