Quiet and peaceful morning ....


11th April 2020 (Saturday)    08.30 .... I’m  subdued boy this morning
 Elie from the Harbour.
having just been told the sad news that Calum, Cath and Ian’s son
(‘Paper Shop’) has passed away.   Calum had been ill for a while but this news, though not totally unexpected, has ‘floored’ me.   The words “my thoughts are with Cath and Ian” are totally inadequate I know (no words can describe the hurt they will be going through) but my thoughts are with Cath and Ian at this sad time.   Take care stay safe and much love to you both.

The weather is quiet this morning after some light overnight rain;  there is a light Westerly wind and the sky is clearing so we should have a bonnie day in a few hours.    I think I will go for a longer run on the bike today.... I need thinking time and when I’m on the bike I am totally on my own, and it’s easy to observe the two metre ‘rool’.  What time I go out (and if) depends on how the weather is.


West Muircambus.
11.00     It’s a strange kind of day;  my original intention was to go out on the bike about now but I can’t make my mind up about going out at the moment.... because  it’s breezy and cooler than it was earlier.   I’ll have a cuppa (I have loads of tea bags again) and probably potter about in the greenhouse.

One thing this Coronavirus pandemic has done.... it’s got me treating my toilet roll holder with more respect.   I used to rattle toilet roll off like it was a Tibetan Prayer Wheel now I am considerably gentler with it.   Orf to make that cuppa.


20.00    I could not shake off the doldrums today at all;  even when I went for a longish
Kinneuchar loch.
run on the bike in the afternoon I couldn’t really ‘get into the mood’.... though i did enjoy it.   I met Monica on the Elie Estate road so that cheered me up;   in normal times I would have turned round and chatted to her but these aren’t times....so I thought I’d better not.   Now I wish I had.   Oh dear .... I hope I haven't turned into  a recluse by the time this is over.   ((((hugs)))) for Monica.
Still feeling ‘down’ after dinner I went for a wee walk to have a look at the ‘Royal Burgh’ from my favourite viewpoint... up by the ‘Pony Field, and the third tee.    It was a lovely evening and that finally got me into a happy mood;  now I am looking forward to tomorrow.... unfortunately it’s going to be cloudier and  colder (the wind is veering round to the East) so it might not be the best biking weather:  in which case I’ll go for a walk instead.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....