Face covering (not mandatory).....


29th April 2020 (Wednesday)      06.30 .... It looks and feels like it’s going
What an absolute stunner of a morning -   I am excited.
to be a bonnie day.   That said:   I am feeling sluggish this mornin’ and that’s after a really good night sleep.    Not that I need it.... but today is going to be a mostly rest day;  however I do have a ‘flap on’;    I need milk.    That means taking the car for the paper.    The sky is mostly overcast but sunny intervals are forecast with a light easterly breeze.




14.00   I have never been a big user of the television;   but, since the isolation began I have taken to watching old films (Channel 81) from mid morning up till lunch time.    Today’s film, ‘Holding Hands’, was one of the best I have seen  in a long time.    The acting is old fashioned;  speech has to be what was regarded then as ‘proper’ English .... overly posh in other words.    But that didn’t detract from the story line.
The sky has become heavily overcast and it looks like light rain could be with us by evening time.   I haven’t done any painting so I am not worried by this;   apart from the
Elie pier.
grey feeling that comes with a grey sky.



19.00    Before I went out this morning I was feeling ‘sluggish’.... even after having a shower;  however when I went to the harbour and saw how calm the water was I woke up..... in fact I became quite animated.    By the time I got back home I’d taken 126 photographs.    Now there’s a funny thing:   I’ve noticed that over the past couple of weeks 126 is often the number of photographs I take.   I don’t set out take that number it just happens ;   I stop at my usual places and must click the same number of times.   I’m not conscious of doing that;  but this ‘self isolation’ thing has turned me into a creature of habit!  Of course I dump the ones I don’t like;  however this morning I dumped very few because our villages looked absolutely stunning and I was pleased with most of my 'takes'.
Light rain started around 16.00 and is still with us and will be most of tonight, turning showery in the morning;  so tomorrow will be sunny spells with frequent showers.    I don’t want frequent showers.

21.00    For the first time since Maggie died I had home fried haddock for dinner; 
Kinneuchar Kirk.
haddock with Ruskoline.    It was scrumptious.   I only used half the fillet today .... I’ll have the other half tomorrow.    Thank you Alan for suggesting it .... I didn’t realise that it was so easy!    It came pre Ruskolined!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....