Overcast and quiet morning ....


12th April 2020 (Easter Sunday)     06.30 .... This is the quietest Easter
Elie High Street.
weekend that we have ever had:   I suppose it really ought to have been quieter.                 “Light cloud with a light breeze” is the KY9 weather forecast for today:  at the moment the light breeze is from the Northwest but is going to veer to the East later.... it’s not going to be overly warm but at least there’s not much wind chill.   I’m going to take the bike out and go for the paper but today is going to be a rest day for ‘the boy’.



11.30     Wellll .... I went for the paper and arrived back at Ivy an hour and a half later having photographed my way from Chapel Green to the Harbour;  the auld place is looking absolutely gorgeous.    Yes the sky is overcast and it is cool but it’s just so balmy and peaceful.   The sea was still.... not quite mill pond still but enough to give
'The Toft' (part of) - Elie.
reflections (the tide was in) so I really had a ball.   I have loads of photos to ‘play’ with so it’s unlikely I’ll go out again today until late in the afternoon.   I must admit that ... on one hand I am enjoying the quietness of our villages;  but... on the other hand I do miss the conversations.   It’s brilliant being able to bike safely along the streets.
I see that the sky is beginning to lighten so we might yet get a few sunny spells.... enough to heat up the Hutte so that I can have ‘50’.    Orf to make another cuppa.

18.00     The wind has veered to the Easterly and it’s much colder than it was earlier: 
Kincraig cliffs late this afternoon.
  I am just back from a run up to Chapel Green on the bike.... the original  ‘plan’ was to do Chapel green then go up to Elie Estate via Ferry road and  home by way of Elie harbour but the cold wind brought an abrupt change to the ‘plan’.     I am back in Ivy having a cuppa.   Everything is where it should be at Chapel Green!
I have done a bit of gardening this afternoon, and I made semolina pudding;  almost perfectly this time.    The first time I made it the sultanas were all at the bottom of the dish... a bit like an Eccles cake without a bottom.   Today it turned out nigh on perfect with the sultanas suspended where they should be.... but then I surpassed even my stupidity (and that is high when it comes to making food):   I put the dish  (that I’d just taken out of the oven) down on top of the cooker.   It was only when I noticed that the semolina was bubbling away merrily (about five minutes or so later) when it shouldn’t have been.... that I realised that the gas below the dish was still ‘on’ albeit at a ‘peep’.   Oh well at least it was well cooked!


The wind is going to be from the NNE tomorrow and it ain’t going to be warm;   It will be a day for ‘The Boy’ pottering between the garden and The Hutte I’m thinkin’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....