Bonnie morning but bitterly cold ....


1st April 2020 (Wednesday)      08.00 ... we have a bonnie day but my word
Lovely morning but there's a cold Northerly wind.
it is bitterly cold and that’s not just down at the harbour;  unless there’s a dramatic increase in the air temperature the bike won’t be coming out.   In fact I won’t be going out to The Hutte unless there’s a dramatic increase in the air temperature.   Actually it’s the wind being from the North that’s the problem.  Oh well there’s stand a very good chance that I’ll bake the Melting Moments today .... aye... and do the ironing;  both warm jobs.  
I’ve been for the papers and down at the harbour;  it’s a bonnie enough morning with an interesting sky but you have to be well wrapped up and sheltered from the wind to enjoy being out.   Orf to make another cuppa ....  and have breakfast.


14.30    We have a ‘sluggish boy’ today .... in fact I’d say that this has been a ‘lazy’ day for me.   I made the ‘Melting Moments’  (didn't have the cherries for the top) and did a wee bit of pruning in the garden but that’s all .... mostly because it has been cold when the sun was behind
Melting Moments.   They taste guid!
the clouds.... which has been most of the time.   I fell asleep in ‘The Hutte earlier.... that was when the sun was out and the temperature in the Hutte was 74f.... very cosy.    At the moment I’m having a cuppa before deciding what my next move will be;  it’s overcast and cold out so it looks like I’ll be doing the ironing.    Hopefully I’ll manage down to the beach later;  that depends on how cold it is.   Oh dear.... I sneezed;  I hope I’m not in for a cold.    I need another cuppa!.... perhaps with 'something' in it.   
 The ‘Fife Weather’ cams are all looking grey so it looks like any ‘sunny spells’ will be later in the afternoon/evening.   I’ll have a bumble down to the beach and that will be me for the ‘day’ .... after that it will be the ironing.


17.30    The sun broke through just as I got onto the beach and it was warm because the wind had moderated;  so I had a pleasant walk , in sunshine, along the edge of the tide.    There was an interesting sky and everything looked so peaceful it was hard to imagine the horrors that the Coronavirus is spreading all over the world.   It all seemed all so ‘unreal’.


I am ‘living locally’.... i.e. not going to supermarkets etc. and do you know what.... I’m
The sun beginning to break through the clouds this afternoon.
actually enjoying it.   On the face of it, things seem to be slightly more expensive but I don’t have to spend time (nor money) travelling to and from the supermarkets and  .... most importantly I don’t buy anything that I don’t need so I’m actually saving money... and more importantly (for me) I have more ‘play time’.   Or even time to work in the garden!   By the time this ‘emergency’ is over I’ll have forgotten what to do in a supermarket.... but I won’t have forgotten when it’s ‘my turn’ in ‘arbour ‘ouse;  I am looking forward to that.


21.30    Having sneezed a couple of times today I’m going to have an early night in bed .... after I have a toddie.    Tomorrow is forecast to be brighter but also windier so it will probably feel colder exposed to said wind.    It’s going to begin to get  warmer
Elie Bay this afternoon.
from Friday.   Depends on how I feel as to whether I do very much tomorrow though I do have to go to Ardross Farm Shop to pick up an order.    Ardross Farm Shop has the perfect system for social distancing:  you order (by phone or e-mail) pay by phone and text the shop when you arrive in the car park and the order is brought out to the car.    Love it .... love Ardross Farm shop.   By using our local shops and businesses we can ‘live locally’ and safely nae bother.   Orf to make a toddie.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....