Feeling playful ...


22nd April 2020 (Wednesday)     06.00 .... I’m having a cuppa before going
Early morning joggers .... and spaniels!
for the papers on what is another bonnie morning....
but it’s breezier than it normally is at this time:  Having said that... the wind does feel slightly softer, but  I wouldn’t call it warm.   Although feeling frisky I am not going to go far on the bike today;   the 'plan' (at this moment) is to take a flask of coffee up to Chapel Green and have morning coffee on one of the seats overlooking West Bay and the cliffs.... sheltered from the wind.   Depends on how windy it is.

08.30     It isn’t warm.... not exposed to the wind anyway, and certainly not at the harbour:  Having said that ....  it is a bonnie morning to be out, but I’ll wait until the sun is much higher before even thinking of going out again.   Morning coffee shall be
The absolute Centre of the Universe!
taken in The Hutte!   I bought strawberries and meringues this morning (at the ‘paper shop’).    Morning coffee with strawberries and meringue?.... Yes... I fancy that.   Pity I didn’t have cream.



19.00     It was 17c in the garden this afternoon;   outside the garden and exposed to the wind it was more like 12c.    Don’t get me wrong;   I am enjoying this bonnie spell of weather, but I’d enjoy it more if the wind wasn’t off the North Sea.    I went out on the bike later in the afternoon for a fairly decent bit of exercise:  up to Chapel Green, then over Grangehill to Shell Bay then home by way of Kinneuchar and Elie.   I was enjoyable but it was cold on the lugs and hands.   I didn't take a flask of coffee with me  it was too cold to sit out.   It’s not going to be as windy tomorrow (still off the North Sea) but it is going to be slightly cloudier.     I think I’ll make tomorrow a ‘working’ day pottering about in the garden, and stay out of the wind.

Oh .... I have a mission for tomorrow sometime;   The Boss’s seat is in a mess so I’ll
Elie High Street.
need to take a bottle of cleaning stuff up and a bottle of water to rinse it off.   I don’t know what the mess is but it looks greasy.


21.00     ‘M’ reckons it’s getting cold in Otaki (New Zealand) .... the temperature was 19c yesterday!   That’s North Island New Zealand winter!   I’d settle for that temperature in the summer in Bonnie Scotland.   New Zealand is in a more serious state of lockdown than we are;  they even have a phone line for reporting people who are breaking the lockdown.   It seems to have worked in New Zealand because they have peaked and their total death toll is 14 so far.  They didn’t hang about and brought in ‘lockdown’ as soon as.   The USA didn’t and now appears to be breaking all the ‘records(?).

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....