Nice morning ....


26th April 2020 (Sunday)    08.30 .... The  sun is trying to break through so
Bonnie morning for scuttling around Elie and Earlsferry.
we should have a bonnie day by late morning:  at the moment it’s overcast and there’s a light westerly breeze.  I’ve been for the paper and did my morning tour of the villages:   SITREP .... all peaceful in Elie and Earlsferry.   
 It is now time to have breakfast then think about doing some painting.   The bike battery is on charge so I might go for a potter about in the late afternoon.


19.30    Phew .... I finished the awkward bit of the Hutte and did a good bit more:  I am a tired, but extremely happy boy tonight.   It has been a great day for working (and playing);  when I think about it this ‘stay at home’ means that I am actually doing the things around Ivy that I knew needed doing ... and enjoying doing them.   My knee isn’t happy!   That reminds me I’d better take two paracetamol.    I’ll make a cuppa to wash them down.   The plan is to continue painting tomorrow but it is all ‘easy’ stuff now;  easy to get at but sore on the knee doing it.

East end of Elie High Street.
I went out on the bike late in the afternoon;  my usual run round the villages and through Elie Estate.    I took my usual number of photos from my favourite viewpoints.   They give me something to play with in the evening, having already sorted out a few to put on my Facebook page and on the Hutte.   I only take the wee camera with me when on the bike;  the Canon (and lenses) is a bit too cumbersome.   I really need a bigger bag for the bike.   That said:  the bigger the bag the more stuff I’d put in it so I’ll stick with what I’ve got.

In the ‘Comment’ bit of my Sunday paper (Observer) I read that Angela Merkel
North Berwick Law.
(Germany), Jacinda Ahern (New Zealand) and Tsai Ing-Wen ((Taiwan) are the top Leaders singled out for the competent and compassionate way they have dealt with the pandemic.    The UK and USA responses have been dismal both countries putting business before lives in the early stages;  and prolonging the agony for businesses by doing that.   How the USA ended up with ‘Big Don’ for President is something else.   If he’s the best the Republican Party could come up with I can’t begin to imagine what the alternatives were like.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....