Overcast with an East wind....


9th April 2020 (Thursday)     06.15 .... “Light cloud and a moderate breeze”
Early morning jogger ... it is cold on the beach.
is the forecast for KY9 today;  the moderate breeze is from the East thus bringing in stuff from the North Sea.... not a morning for me being out on the bike, but I should get out for a walk.    As you will all know by now this ‘boy’ does not like winds from the East.   There’s plenty to do around the garden as long as it’s out of the wind.    I’ll have to take the car up to the ‘paper shop’ ... I need milk and fruit.


07.00     Wellll .... it’s cauld out.... definitely no biking today;  in fact I won’t be walking until afternoon when it should (hopefully) be warmer.   I got the messages (milk, tautties and fruit) but forgot the paper....  however the paper it isn’t vital.      I decided to come home via Balbuthie to give the car a run..... now I am settling down in and around Ivy for the day.  


The boats should have been craned in last weekend.

08.30    I didn’t settle down in Ivy for ‘the day’ .... I decided to have a short walk on the beach and was pleasantly surprised to find I wasn’t the only one out for a bit of exercise;  a lady jogger  was out for exercise too.    It will be strangely quiet this Easter weekend with nae visitor .....  actually  we won’t  have a parking problem.;  parking in ‘The Ferry’ is usually chaotic at this time.   However I will miss having conversations with folks from different places.   I think I’ll have another cuppa before deciding on my next move.
13.00     George, and Geoff phoned today and I’m happy to say that they have both adapted to the new routine and are well organised for food deliveries etc.  So ‘Myra’s Troops’ are all coping;   having said that I have decided that it’s much easier to cope on a warm sunny day!    Every Fife Weather cam is looking grey with not one showing a break in the clouds though our sky is beginning to look paler.   I might go out for a wee walk after this update.... but I am not keen, unless the sun does break through. 

 18.00    The sun is trying hard to break through;   I might even go for a short walk!    I
Earlsferry from the quarry gate.
have been working in the greenhouse the blue bucket (which gets emptied tomorrow) is full of landfill rubbish;   there’s much to do yet but at least I have made a start.    The kind of weather we have makes a massive difference to how keen I am to do things:  today? ....everything has taken an effort.

The wind has moderates (still from the East unfortunately) so it wasn’t as cold as it had been earlier;  the temperature on the garden thermometer was 11c. so I went for a short walk on the golf course.   A lot of other folks had the same idea with couples dotted about here and there on the course.

'The Ferry' High Street.
20.15      The ‘Royal Burgh’ did it’s bit at 20.00 when ‘Clapping for the NHS and other Heroes’ was timed to take place:  I could hear a piper playing in the High Street and people clapping all over the place by the sound of it ....I saw  Angela out on Ferry Road and a lady from Pam Turners old house filmed the piper on her phone.   I didn’t expect to see anyone apart from Angela.   Unfortunately I didn’t have the camera with me..... or I might have tried to take a photo.    It’s a good job some folks are here... they bring the  village to life and did the ‘Auld Burgh’ proud;  without them it would have been very quiet.    We should have a ‘street party’ when this is all over.

It’s a dull evening and there’s still that cold easterly wind.... and it’s to be much the same tomorrow.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....