Lovely morning ....


11th October 2019 (Friday)      08.30 .... There’s a fresh wind blawin’
Chapel Green at sunrise time.
again.... and it got rid of the cobwebs I can tell you.   A pair of cormorants were trying to fly into the wind about 100 feet above me, and though flappin’ their wings they were actually going backwards... they dropped down to a few above the water and off they went nae bother.    Maybe not quite ‘nae bother’ but at least they were going forward.    It’s a nice day for being out... and isn’t that cauld actually; that said, I was in the lee of the Cockstail Rocks most of the time.


12.00    Hmmmm .... I’ve been to Elie and had ‘morning coffee’ in ‘arbour ‘ouse, then went to the harbour (nothing happening there) took a couple of photos before going to Colinsburgh to put fuel in the car.    I think it’s time for a lite bite lunch;  after that I might take the car up to Robin Gray’s and have a short walk up the Den.... where I'll be sheltered from the wind.

Robin Gray's cottage - Balcarres Estate.
19.30    I had a pleasant walk up Balcarres Den though I did go further than I originally intended;   on a scouting mission to see if the road was suitable for the bike.   It’s fine for the first 300 metres but after that the old Den Road is overgrown and muddy in a good number of places.   To find this out I went all the way to the second bridge up from Robin Gray’s cottage;  and that took me a long time.   It’s only 500 metres or thereabout and every step of the way was painful.   But by this time I was determined to get there.... and get there I did.   The Den Road is not suitable for the bike:  it’s doubtful if I’ll walk up as a far as the second bridge again.   Unless I do get a knee replacement;  and that isn’t on the horizon yet.   Having said all that the den was looking bonnie, and it was well sheltered from the wind which I could hear muscling its way through the tree
Balcarres Den burn.
tops.    Although tired and stiff I did enjoy the walk but couldn’t have done it without the walking stick.  It will be an early night in bed tonight .... and maybe a lie in tomorrow morning.


We are going to have another windy day tomorrow but not quite as windy as it was today.   In fact tomorrow could be a perfect drying day;  do I have any washing to do?   Sunday is looking like being a quieter day;  potentially a good biking day.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....