Crackin' mornin' ....


12th October 2019 (Saturday)      09.00 .... The wind is still with us but
A bonnie start to the day.
not quite as frisky as it has been of late, but it’s a bonnie morning albeit with a coolish breeze.   The beach was busier with dog walker, and a jogger.   I remember when I used to go jogging;  the last decent length jog I did was up to Largoward, down to Lower Largo then home by the Largo Bay beach then along the top of Kincraig cliffs.   That was before I retired.... I’d be 58.  Jings I couldn’t walk it now;  but I could bike it .... that would be within range of the bike battery!    Anyway we have a lovely day in front of us.... let’s enjoy it.



13.30    I was getting ready to get the bike out when, all of a sudden I found myself having to take the washing in;  a sneaky, short sharp shower had snuck over ‘Ivy’.   That was the end of the plan to go biking..... we have more shower clouds out to the West;  though they might miss us.   Prior to the shower it had been a really bonnie day.... and warm out of the wind.  The computer is fired up so I might as well do some work on it.


Rhododendron prunings alongside the estate road.
19.30    We only had the one shower so I went out about 15.00 and did ‘The Grand Tour’;  and most enjoyable it was.    Mind you by the time I got back to Ivy my nose was cauld.... and the temperature is dropping fairly rapidly.   I noticed this when I was bringing in the washing;  which I’d hung out again after the shower.    It could be cold early tomorrow morning;  so I might not be going to the beach first thing.   The latest ‘plan’ is to have another cuppa instead of going to the beach then go out on the bike once the sun gets going.   I don’t like a cauld nose.    I wonder if you get full face visors for cyclists.    I’ll Google that.                                                                                                  I ‘Googled’ the visor but the only full face visor I found (UK) was for a BMX bike and
Kinneuchar loch.
it came attached to a colourful, and fancy, helmet so that was no good.    The USA has the perfect thing and I imagine they will be over on sale here soon.


We have had a really pleasant day and the villages have been busy with folk enjoying the sunshine.   I had a blether (or two) when sitting on Maggie’s Seat at Chapel Green.    Stewart and apprentice are making good progress with removing the rhododendrons from the lochside;  there should be some new views of loch ... and kirk next year.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....