Breezy and cool ....


10th October 2019 (Thursday)     09.00 .....It’s a lovely morning but
Elie Bay.
there’s fresh South-westerly... and it isn’t warm on the beach.
In fact it isn’t warm off the beach either.    We had a bonnie sunrise with a touch of red in it:  hey I might not have to wash the road after all.... it might rain later!   It disnae look like it’s going to rain.... but the forecast does mention an increased chance of showers in the afternoon.   It’s the ‘broon bucket’ this week so I plan to cut down a few things in the garden.


20.30     Well... the rain that I wanted needed arrived in the afternoon;  a thundery downpour would have been better but at least the rain we have is slowly, but surely, washing the stuff off the road.     If it rains all night Ferry Road should be clean again by morning.

Elie beach.
When I got back from morning coffee I got the loppers out and attacked some kind of lilac tree, (that has never flowered) and a rose bush....  the ‘broon’ bucket is full!   There’s still a bit to do to the tree but I am pleased with the effort.   I’ll finish the tree tomorrow .... (assuming the rain has moved away) .... once the broon bucket has been emptied.

Jim was sitting with Grace when I went in this afternoon so we had a three way conversation;  until Myra came in with a tub of chocolate crispies and made tea/coffee;  then the four of us had a quiet indoor picnic.    As usual, when in Leven, I went to Sainsbury’s but didn’t buy very much:   I bought mince because I fancy ‘mince and tautties’ tomorrow.

The rain is going to move away by morning and ‘KY9’ is forecast to have “sunny
Elie harbour.
intervals and strong winds”.    Showers are not mentioned so it should be a good drying day.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ apart from lopping the lilac tree;  and I might get the bike and take some ‘time out’ and have a scuttle through Elie Estate..... it all depends on just how strong the wind is.

It’s raining in Otaki (New Zealand) just now.... ‘M’ might as well have stayed in Bonnie Scotland where we do proper rain.   She has recovered from the long journey and has been over to the Otaki Bowling Club, is playing rummy cub this afternoon:  and doesn’t look tired.   I’m probably mair tired with the gardening effort I did today.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....