Overslept ....


29th October 2019 (Tuesday)      07.30 .... My word.... I slept
Kinneuchar.
‘in’ this morning;  so didn’t  catch the sunrise.      A bank of low cloud meant it wasn’t visible anyway so I didn’t miss that but I missed the fresh Elie and Earlsferry air:  however there’s loads o’ it going around so I’ll get that later.   Oh ... we have another lovely morning though it is cloudier, not frosty and not very windy.   
Today is going to be less exciting than yesterday when I had the pleasure of Lynn’s company, showing  her our wee corner of Mother Earth.... I even remembered to mention ‘Elie’;  as we passed through.   Thank you Lynn for putting up with me for the day;   and for being such a good, and uncomplaining, listener.... I talk a lot! xx 

Balcarres Estate.

18.30    I have had my share of fresh Earlsferry and Elie air today (and Kinneuchar and Balcarres) but I never did get to the beach.... however I went out in the car twice and had a couple of short walks;  in a stubble field in the morning, and a wee bit of the East Links in the afternoon.   I went to get the bike out but a shower of rain put an end to any idea I had for biking today.   A certain silly boy did and hung out a washing.... it’s still out:  and, it looks like the weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t conducive to washing drying so it will probably have to  be brought in, rattled through a spin and hung on a clothes horse.   “The best laid schemes o’ mice, men and Alberto gang aft agley” right enough.   Having checked the forecast for Thursday I may just bring the washing in tomorrow, rinse and spin it then hang it out on Thursday when we are forecast to have sunny spells.   Tomorrow is mostly cloudy.   That’s the washing sorted... now what’s next?


20.30   I ended up watching ‘The Last of the Summer Wine’ on  Channel 20 ... and had
Lady's Tower.
a quick look at the ‘News’ to  find out that we are going to have a General Election on the 12th December;  I can’t say that it will excite me greatly but at least I’ll vote.   I have a postal vote so the weather won’t bother me.... because I’ll choose a sunny afternoon to wander up to the Post box.
Plan for tomorrow?   Myra phoned to remind me that it’s the ‘Lite Bite’ lunch at Colinsburgh tomorrow and asking me to give Chrissie a lift.   I’ve been trying to get Chrissie on the phone but she is harder to catch up with than I am .... and that’s hard.   I’d better go round to see Chrissie tomorrow morning.


21.00   The new rig that arrived in Largo Bay the other morning is the world’s largest semi-submersible ultra deep-water harsh environment rig “Ocean Greatwhite” completed in 1916.   It is between contracts.... and can drill down to a depth 10,000 metres while stationed in 3000 metres of water.   It’s a beast right enough.




Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....