Cold wind ....


1st October 2019 (Tuesday)    08.00 .... There’s brisk breeze from the
Sunrise time this morning.
Northeast this morning and it’s definitely colder than of late;  it’s a wrap up well morning.    It was cold on the beach as you’d expect, but not too bad sheltered by the dunes.   Sunrise was hidden by low cloud but there was a busy sky and I am a happy boy.   I must remember to wear two gloves in future;  the hand without the glove was not warm!   My lovely 'M' is going home at the right time... it's Springtime in New Zealand.



16.00    I have an appointment with Sarah at the Hairdresser on Thursday so I hope it’s warmer by then.    Jings .... I couldn’t believe it when I got to the roundabout at the top of Scoonie brae and met up with temporary traffic lights:  yes .... roadworks there again.    I don’t know for how long.    Someone must have found a new ‘old map’ with an ‘X’ on it!   It was chaos at the bottom roundabout on the way home.

Kinneuchar loch this afternoon.
Hey the auld car looks good after being through the car wash;  I must do that at least three times a year!


Jim was in brilliant form today;   he even enjoyed the cuppa I made to go with the two goodies I took in.  I’m getting the hang of things at Leven Beach;  now that I know where the kettle is.


21.00    My word it is cauld tonight;  I’ve just been out locking up the Hutte, and there’s a bitter wind blowing from the Northeast.    Lovely ‘M’ is going back to New Zealand at the right time.... but she is going to me missed here.   Tomorrow is going to be ‘bright breezy and cool’ ....  in fact it’s going to be a good drying day.   I’m not going anywhere tomorrow, by that I mean Leven as I’m going there on Thursday to the Hairdresser;  and I’ll visit Jim.    Tomorrow will be a ‘work around Ivy day’.. ... with
The Toft - Elie.
time out for coffee at Harbour House, and a play on the bike:  it has a fully charged battery;   and I’ll go to the beach for my pre-breakfast breath of fresh air.... with two gloves.  There won’t be much work done around Ivy I’m thinkin’.

This afternoon I grabbed the bike and  did the ‘Grand Tour’ because although cool it was a bonnie, and I was feeling energetic.... and I have to keep myself occupied to stop myself thinking of ‘M’ going so far away. 

 21.30     Oh dear .... I’ve been browsing the 1941 Census records to see if I could find my birth entry (1938) .... and of course it was there;  as was the one of my sister Robina who only lived a few days... she had a Birth and Death Certificate (1940).    I feel sad now.... no, sad isn’t the word... probably thoughtful would be a better word.   Before we left Birse in 1943 I remember walking with my parents to Birse kirk to say cheerio to ‘Robina’:  my baby brother Hendry was in the pram.    I have never been back but I must go there the next time I’m up in Aberdeenshire.  We lost another sister, Marjory (1943) who lived for six weeks... I can remember her being kept in an ‘iron lung’ I think it was;  her lungs were not fully developed when she was born.   Nowadays she would have survived.   Marjory will be on the 1951 census that comes out in 2023.    You get, at least I did, a strange feeling reading your own name in official records.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....