Rain ... sunny later


7th October 2017 (Monday)     08.00 .... It was braw on the beach this
About five minutes before it began to rain.
morning;  loads of fresh air.... and it wasn’t cold.    Well it was cold, but not a sharp wintry cold and I had the beach to myself as far as I could see.   Having said that, with the sky being heavily overcast it was dark and I couldn’t see very far.   I took a couple of photographs then it began to rain.  



19.00    ‘The Boy’ is feeling quietly contented after a busy and fruitful day.  (I bought a lot of fruit in Sainsbury’s!).   I didn’t get out on the bike, even though the sun did break though in the afternoon;  I was visiting Jim at the time.   It was still sunny when I got back to ‘The Royal Burgh’.... then I remembered that this afternoon we had to get our ‘Flu Jab’ at the surgery.   By the time I got there the Surgery was quiet.... it was a case of;  ‘in’ get the card... then the jab..... say ‘Hello’ to Isobel ... pick a sweetie out of the tin that Isobel was holding... then ‘out’.   I spent mair time outside talking to Alan.

The Ferry toon clock tower from Elie harbour.

Jim was in a good mood again this afternoon but I forgot to buy goodies today.   Must remember to do that ... I was going to say tomorrow, but I usually feel sleepy the day after the flu jab so it will be Wednesday when I next visit Jim.    Kim (Adamson) was in visiting her Mum (Sheena).... I haven’t seen Kim for yonks, in fact I didn’t recognise who she was until she introduced herself.   I knew she was someone I ought to know but I couldn’t put a name to her face. 

When I found Jim he fancied a cuppa so I made one but he didn’t drink it.... it did look ‘peely wally’ right enough;  I wouldn’t have drunk it either.  
Once again I spent most of the morrrrrrning on the computer;  not studying rabbits:  I managed to stick to the subject I am ‘studying’.

I couldn’t believe it:   when I was browsing my way round Sainsbury’s I came across
Elie Harbour from Wadehaven Car Park.
‘Coffee Bags’.   I thought "that’s the answer" so I bought a box:  it was a big box but, unlike the Tea Bag boxes that hold 200 tea bags, this only had 18 ‘coffee bags’ in it.   Anyway I’ve tried it and it isnae bad.... it isnae particularly good either... sort of tastes like my own ‘Finest Blend’.    Ye Gods.... don’t tell me ‘they’ (the coffee manufacturers) have appropriated my ‘Finest Blend’.   Wonders will never cease.    Suddenly I feel important!

If it wisnae for the gale of wind we’re going to get tomorrow it would be a bonnie day:  “strong winds and sunny intervals” being the forecast.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....