Feeling skittish ....


20th October 2019 (Sunday)    07.00 .... It looks like being a nice day...
Dog walker on Elie beach.
maybe I should say it feels like being a nice day as I can’t really see what it looks like being that it’s still dark.    However I can see stars in the spaces between the clouds so that’s a good sign, and there’s a light northerly breeze, which will freshen when the sun rises, yes I think it will be a bonnie day albeit with a bit of cloud about and 
I should get the bike out when the sun gets going... if it can bumble it’s way above the clouds.   That’s all wrong you know:  it’s not the sun that’s climbing it’s the Earth that’s spinning round.... West to East.   
 I had planned to go to Balcarres today but tomorrow’s weather forecast is a better one (for Balcarres etc)..... less windy with sunny spells.

Kinneuchar loch - new viewpoint.
08.30     I have been a busy boy, having done and hung out a washing.... and been for a quick daunder to the beach.   When I checked the weather cams I knew there was never going to be a visible sunrise;  well not until it appears above the clouds, but it’s a bonnie morning nonetheless.  It is a good morning for a walk on the beach.... for a walk anywhere in fact.    I’ll get the bike out after breakfast. 

10.00    At last the sun has managed to appear above the clouds so I can now think about ‘going out to play’.... going out, for exercise, on the bike.    I must remember gloves because it isn’t ‘iggzactly’ warm.    There’s a good drying wind and now that the sun is up my washing should be dry by late afternoon.   I’ll have another cuppa before 
putting on the high vis lycra’s red anorak.


18.30    I’ve had an enjoyable day;  with a decent mix of ‘play’ and ‘work’.   I went out
Elie harbour at midday.
on the bike but only as far as Kinneuchar, then home via Elie Estate and Chapel Green.   The villages were busy with people wandering around all over the place reminding me of the coastal villages of Cornwall. 

Shona was out on her bike in the afternoon and dropped in for a blether, so we had a coffee and caught up with each others ‘news’.    It was turning cold by the time she left for Barnyards.... and the sky is clear so we could be in for a cold night;   followed by a sunny day I hope.    There was a warm looking sky at sunset time so that’s a good sign.  “Sunny with a gentle breeze” is the forecast for KY9.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....