Whooper swans ...


13th October 2019 (Sunday)    07.30 ....  There’s chill in the air this
Whooper swans leaving the loch after an overnight stop.
morning.... 4c on the garden thermometer;  luckily there’s hardly a breath of wind so very little wind chill factor.     I am going out on the bike first thing because light rain is forecast for ‘KY9’ later.   It, the rain, might not come to much but I don’t know how battery operated bikes cope with rain:  I presume they do.... but I’m not taking chances;  and I don’t want to get wet either!


10.00    I’m enjoying a welcome hot cuppa after being out on the bike for an hour and a quarter on a fairly chilly and grey morning.    With a battery assisted bike I am having to learn the art of biking all over again:  I very nearly fell off when I went onto the pavement to let a car overtake me.   Normally, when I do this, I have no problem but this morning the front wheel slipped on the edge of the pavement;  I’m wondering if it happened because the wheel are smaller.   Anyway I just ended up leaning on the wall with no damage to bike or me.    The other thing you have to remember is that
Peaceful loch.
when you are pedaling slow you are still moving fast unlike on a normal bike.   Although you wouldn’t believe it after reading the above, I’m actually feeling brighter this morning;  I think the effects of the ‘flu jab have worn off at last.



13.00    The sun is trying hard to break through but it’s having a hard job and it is cauld out.   In spite of having a fully charged battery on the bike I doubt if I’ll be going out on it again today.  The car could be doing with a warm up run.... and I could happily sit in a warm car.   I have been working on the computer but now I have that restless feeling;  I need to get out. 

 16.00    Been out in the car ... Kinneuchar, Arncroach, Balcarres, Colinsburgh then home;  now I’m ready to do some serious work.   Even though it is overcast (it hasn’t rained) the villages are busy, but it’s not really the kinds of day for going to the beach.   I have to say that because I haven’t been there today, and I don’t intend going.   It’s cauld out.


19.00    We can look forward to sunny intervals and light winds tomorrow;  I am not
Kinneuchar this afternoon.
keen on this grey stuff.    I might in fact go out on the bike for an ‘explore’ on Balcarres tomorrow if the weather is as expected.    Today hasn’t been a waste;   I’ve done a lot on the computer and feel really satisfied with today’s efforts.   It keeps the auld brain active.
The rain has eventually reached us;  not heavy but it is wet and cold.... I’ve just been out with stuff for the ‘bucket’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....