The missing hole ....


25th October 2019 (Friday)      08.00 ..... “sunny intervals and a
Ferry Road.
moderate breeze” is the forecast, a perfect drying day:  and there's a washing in the machine..... I’m also contemplating finishing pruning the lilac tree.   I’ve only been as far as the gate, putting the bucket out, but I did notice that the moderate breeze is also a cool one, there's lot of cloud about, and that sunrise is not going to be visible;  that said it’s the kind of morning for wrapping up and being out in the fresh air. ... and the lilac tree is outside! 

14.00    My word ....I don’t think I have ever seen the road to Leven as busy as it was today.   There was a heavy load manoeuvring at Upper Largo which held up the traffic for a while but even after that was cleared the traffic was still slow, and heavy;   at one point I was at the tail end of along queue of traffic having caught up with it  .... usually
The innards of the missing hole!
I’m at the front causing it!   Traffic was heavy in both directions.   When I eventually got to Sainsbury’s (‘cos that was where I was going) the shop was as busy as I have ever seen it.   Even the lassie at the checkout commented on how busy it was.   By the time I got out of the shop it was 12.45 so no point in going to visit Jim;   the staff would be getting everyone in place for their lunch.  I don’t understand what the cause of all this busyness was!.... it’s only a normal Friday.   Oh well I got the shopping I needed.... now I’m ready for ‘50’.   Oh I nearly forgot;   “Sunny spells?”.... I don’t think we’ve had one;  but the washing is dry.



16.00     ‘We’ (as in the Royal ‘we’) have one perplexed bunny at this end.    That hole
The new pole.
that I mentioned yesterday, up at the Ferry Road sub-station;  it’s the innards of a hole.   The thing is I cannot find is the hole!   There looks like there could have been a hole at Irene and Ken’s garden gate but there isn’t one now.  When is a hole not a hole?.... when it’s the innards of a hole!    That is so true.   That’s not the only amazing thing that has ‘appened on Ferry Road today:   a pole, with the Double Yellow parking instructions plate on it, had fallen down a week or so ago.   I go and have ‘50’ after lunch today and waken up to find that a new pole, with aforementioned ‘rools’ well affixed at the top has appeared while I slept.   The world never ceases to amaze.   It can take weeks, even months sometimes to get a pothole filled in, but a parking plate pole can be fixed in the time it takes for me to have a catnap.... and it was done so quietly.    I need a cuppa.   Having said that;  it is a bonnie pole I wonder if I should get the metal polish out?:  after all it is a ‘Royal’ pole.



20.00    It has been a funny old day.... the ‘sunny spells’ never materialised so it has been grey, windy and cold all day.   The next three days are going to be ‘breezy, sunny and dry’ so I might get the bike out.   Today I did a wee bit of ‘ousework .... but not with a great deal of enthusiasm.... and the ironing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....