Polo on the beach ....


19th October 2019 (Saturday) .... 08.00   There’s a brisk northerly wind
Two and a half of the spectators watching the polo.
with heavy rain so I’ve only been as far as the front door;  I opened it,   then promptly closed it..... it is not a morning for the beach, though I have no doubt that dogs won’t be thinking that, and will be getting ready to haul their reluctant owners out for some fresh air.   Yes .... it’s cuppa time.


09.30    Although the sky is beginning to show signs of brightening from the north .... it’s certainly not weather for going out in just now.   It might clear up a bit in a wee while.  At this time it’s a ‘work on the computer’ kind of day.   I’ll sort out the photographs I took at Kinneuchar Castle... that will make my day brighter.  I'm hoping to get out on the bike later in the afternoon/evening.

... Monica and Myra.

19.30    I’ve done some sorting out of last night’s photos;  and even got out on the bike to watch the polo .... from The Terrace.  Luckily the rain stopped an hour or so before the first chukka (‘chukka’! .... all I need now is a horse), and even though it was windy and mostly overcast at that time it was good to get out for some exercise and enjoy something completely different.    The sky has cleared since then so we could have a cool night.   Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be .... in BBC weather phraseology .... “sunny intervals and a moderate breeze”.   Yes we could cope with that.   I have a fully charged battery... as has the bike.... so ‘we’ should be able to go for a wee explore together, tomorrow. 

I have just this minute scoffed a piece of the WRI girls Centenary cake that Janis delivered this afternoon (Mmmmmm that was yummy .... I’ll have another bit).  The girls also gave me one of the Centenary mementos/gifts that the members got.   “Thank You” so much girls....  it was really thoughtful of you.    That said: asking me to take photographs on the night was reward enough;  it was a real pleasure to be among so many beautifully and happy
Polo on Elie Harbour beach.
girls/ladies.

What is my ‘plan’ for tomorrow?   Oh aye .... I intend going out on the bike for a decent run, assuming the weather is as forecast;  I don’t want to be caught out in showers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....