Overcast and wet ....



30th October 2019 (Wednesday)      07.30 .... I got all togged up to go to
Heavy sky over Elie bay.
the beach only to find it was raining.... not heavily , but definitely wet .   Not a morning for the beach .... but the sky is clearer to the Southeast so it could turn brighter later on.    The forecast isn’t that bad;  overcast with the chance of a few sunny spells later;  right now it’s overcast, wet and cold!   Orf to have another cuppa.... I overslept again and need something to get me into gear.


09.00    It’s the Colinsburgh ‘Lite Bite’ lunch today but  I'm feeling feeling ‘iffy’ .... I don’t think I should chance it.    I’ll phone Chrissie (who I was going to take to Colinsburgh with me) and see what she says.   Headaches are a dawdle, a couple of pills and everything is fine ..... not so with  the stomach.   I’ll potter around Ivy this morning and see how I feel in a couple of hours.


Elie beach.
10.00    Well .... the sun has found a big gap in the clouds and it looks like we are going to have a spell of sunshine.  What a fantastical difference the sun makes.... it, literally, gets rid of the ‘greyness’.    I have been to the beach for a short daunder and I do feel brighter.... but I am still not sure about going to Colinsburgh.


14.30    I didn’t go to Colinsburgh;   it wouldn’t have been the best idea, especially if it’s one of those 24 hour ‘bug’ things.    I suggested to Chrissie that Pat might be going up to the ‘Lite Bite Lunch’ and that she’d probably get a lift from Pat.   I hope she did.   I went to bed for a couple of hours:  I suppose I do feel slightly better but I’m not firing on many cylinders yet.   This is going to be a lazy day for ‘the boy’.... because I’m going to be taking it easy for the remainder of the day.
I see that the heavy shower clouds are still bumbling over;  in fact it was spitting rain when I went out to the gate a few minutes ago. ‘Sunny spells’ was the forecast right enough.


19.00    Well I did manage to get some work done on the computer so the day hasn’t
The Ferry beach.
been completely wasted.   Actually when I think back to me sleeping in yesterday, and today, .... that is not normal ‘me’;   I hope to be back on ‘stupid time’ tomorrow morning.   In the meantime I’ll do a wee bit more on the computer then have an early night in bed with my book.   Tomorrow might be another day of ‘keeping my heid doon’;  having said that Friday and Saturday are supposed to be wet days so I should try and get out on the bike sometime tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....